DFI Infinity 975X

Antec NEO 550W PSU

2 GB Corsair XMS2 667 DDR2

ATI Radeo X1950 Pro

WD Raptor 10,000 rpm 36GB

Samsung 7200 rpm 160GB

DVD ROM

DVD +- RW

I have all this packed into an Antec full tower. I added 4 system fans. Install went great, posted first time, installed OS just fine. Everything seemed to be working great. I loaded up America's Army and was in the middle of a game when the system just shut off!!!! Ok, prolly overheating I thought. So off with the side of the case, wait for a few minutes then reboot and watch. Rebooted fine but system fans don't come on.

I have since tried just using one system fan, all of them, one of each on the sys fan connector, updating bios to latest beta, downgrading bios to latest stable, removing peripherals, basically everything I can think of to see what the hell is going on. Played with PC Health settings in BIOS. No good. They work if I directly connect them to the PSU but no smart fan that way.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

John

Für deine nützliche Antwort danke....:rolleyes:

Now that you have followed the rules you will probably get some useful answers.

What kind of fans and which headers were they plugged into?

I had 2 Antec 80mm fans connected together running off the System fan header. The other 2 were running off the PSU, they work fine but the case gets hot and needs the other 2 under load.

I've done this in the past without any issues. I didn't realise it was possible to blow the system fan headers.

I had 2 Antec 80mm fans connected together running off the System fan header.

I believe the problem has been found. That fan header is most likely dead. If you want variable speed buy a fan controller otherwise use the psu.

Sigh....

I didn't add the sig in for the first post as I put my system specs in the post itself....

Für deine nützliche Antwort danke....:rolleyes:

Didn't mean to offend, I just wanted to give you a "nudge" to follow the rules, but since I am not an admin, I won't point it out to anybody anymore. Next time somebody will just get banned instead of a warning.

Glad you got it sorted out, I thought you meant that all the fans were connected to the PSU itself not the motherboard fan headers.

My advice is to get a bay fan controller, which makes wiring and fan throttling much more convenient.