Need Advice before Reinstall (incl. Bios)

Tasr already linked you to WHere to buy the Evercool in the UK they still got 3 on stock....

Ok, thanks. Just before I buy, Is it fairly straightforward to do change this? (and i guess warranty is void right?)

raid 0 + 1 can be configured using 3 drives (2 for striped (say 2X250g for a total of 500g) then that entire array mirrored to a larger drive (single 500g) for backup).

Ok, though i am looking to do 160gb (not raided in anyway)+250gb(with raid mirror for the 250gb ONLY)

The other method is raid 5 which gets better with each drive you add to it both in speed and redundancy.

Ok, then maybe that would work. Do you konw any good places where I can find out more about this (about raid 5)?

Oh, and so you all reckon that it isn't worth changing the cpu or gfx cooling?

Ok, thanks. Just before I buy, Is it fairly straightforward to do change this? (and i guess warranty is void right?)
Check the “Street Tutorials” for good stuff on the VC-RE chipset cooler.

About the "Boot Device Priority has changed" message. It happens to all of us and especially to those of us who have dual or triple boot systems

RAID 5 - I see no one mentioned this..it takes minimum of 5 identical drives. it is an expensive proposition(unless money is no object.

CPU cooling - If you are ready to take the watercooling plunge...easiest and an effective solution is the Corsair Nautilus 500. Is what I am using... Great temps, quiet system and not that expensive either!!

RAID 0/1 - Be advised that you will only see half the total capacity of your HDDs. 2 X 250 GB = 250 GB ij you use JBOD RAID you will see the sum of all your drives.

Here is a site that will explain all flavors of RAID in easy to understand terms. Raid Explained

OK.. have fun!!

:)

Just moved my pc so that it is on a low table thingy that I made, to the side of my desk, instead of under my desk, and the temps have dropped quite a bit:

CPU idle: 29-33

CPU Load: 33-39

PWMIC: 29-40

NF4 Chipset: 37-44

HDD: 38-53

GPU Core: 42-48

Ok, thanks for the info. Aren't xp-120s really heavy and possibly risky? and wouldnt that + 120mm fan be a bit too xpensive? (i can get the freezer 64pro for £12 in uk).

I'm not ready to do water cooling yet...

I reckon I wont be doing raid to start (i'll just do the reinstall and get it working properly). I may do raid 1 or 0 in future though, mainly for backup reasons.

OH WAIT: just checked mbm5 again and now it is saying that my cpu is running at only 1458MHZ!!! Thats like 500mhz too slow!

I havent done anything that could have slowed it down.

Is there anything i can do to fix that???

EDIT: Rebooted and its gone back to 2010mhz (what it usually is roughly). As well as the speed going back up, the temps have gone back up :(. So i guess the low temps were because of the speed problem.

Anyway, any advice on the xp-120 vs f64pro situation?

1. get the newest bios for your board 4/06/06 i think?

2. get the vc-re, its cheap and well worth the money and time!

-15min install time for me.

3. i had the freezer 64 pro, was good product, recommended.

4. i know have the same hardrive as u (wd 250gb sata2) very nice hardrive!