AMD Dual Core Optimizer Version 1.1.1 Released

red930

Well, there are no improvements in 3DMark06. I've ran it several times and haven't got any higher in the CPU score. I haven't fired up any games, and not sure which games that are out right now that even support Dual Core processors. I've got several games to run, but not sure if i have any time to even post results.

how do I run this Optimizer?...do I have to do anything special?...I ran the setup file, rebooted and don't see the program installed anywhere...is it listed in Device Manager?...how can I verify that it is installed and working properly?

also under Add/Remove Programs, the version number is still listed as being 1.0.0.0083

:confused:

By any chance would this improve my overclocks? I haven't installed any AMD drivers on my computer.. I know I should.

Reason is cause I can't get 2.7GHz stable with 1.5v, and I've got a CCBBE that's known to get to 2.8GHz at stock volts easily.. not saying it's guaranteed, but I would think 2.7GHz with 1.5v would be rock stable and even overkill.

By any chance would this improve my overclocks? I haven't installed any AMD drivers on my computer.. I know I should.

Reason is cause I can't get 2.7GHz stable with 1.5v, and I've got a CCBBE that's known to get to 2.8GHz at stock volts easily.. not saying it's guaranteed, but I would think 2.7GHz with 1.5v would be rock stable and even overkill.

only way to find out is to give it a shot, if it helps someone, most likely you wont have the same results.

Why are you guys installing MS Hotfix as well as the Dual core opimizer driver?

The Dual Core Optimizer Driver is the Hotfix for windows in lieu of using the MS Hotfix!

Not sure of what's being said elsewhere, but after reading the descriptions from AMD and MS, they seem to do different things. The AMD DC optimizer periodically (not every clock tick but much less than a second) synchronizes the time stamp between the two cores, so that when one is throttled down, and both are being used to put video on the screen (for instance), the video doesn't get out of whack. The MS fix allows the OS to see the workload across all cores, and not inadvertently calculate and command a lower power state to the CPU due to seeing one of the cores having a light workload (even though the other may be getting slammed). [not sure of the following, some reading between the lines here:] This can be caused when a thread that the kernel is monitoring migrates from one core to another. The workload on the watched core is lighter (but on the whole CPU is unchanged), so a lower power (slower) state is applied to the CPU.

I just reinstalled my OS. Before I had the AMD optimizer and AMD processor driver. This time I used those along with the MS hotfix, and my system is noticeably faster. At first I thought my reinstalls were failing prematurely because they were over so fast. I'm still using optimizer v1.0.0