What Opty 165 Steppings has Newegg been pushing out?

red930

Representing your extreme disappointment with your

New: Opteron 165 (CCBWE 0551VPMW: :mad: )

in your sig. struck me as quite hilarious.

hey... i'm mourning the corruption of the drivers for my luckiness.. looks like I'll have to do a reinstall :sad:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what pisses me off is that i ordered at a supposedly prime time, and the reviewers who ordered around the same time i did got the good ccbbes, and i ended up with a crappy ccbwe. lousy newegg, i'll probably just sell it off.

what pisses me off is that i ordered at a supposedly prime time, and the reviewers who ordered around the same time i did got the good ccbbes, and i ended up with a crappy ccbwe. lousy newegg, i'll probably just sell it off.

Is it that bad? You don't think you could even get 2.8 GHz out of it?

Is it that bad? You don't think you could even get 2.8 GHz out of it?

most ppl top out around 2.7GHz at 1.5v+

i think that allthatwhichis got 2.61GHz out of it @ 1.5v. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...&highlight=0551

i have yet to pop it in, but by the looks of it i'll just sell it to a friend and order a 170 off the egg. seems like a lot of ppl are getting ccbbe's from them too.

apparently the egg still has the ccbbe's, because after i ordered there were 5 new reviews stating they got CCBBE chips.

Chill man, chill. Look, you paid for 1.8Ghz...so, that's really the only speed you're guaranteed to get. If you want it to be faster, buy a faster processor.

You really shouldn't RMA it just because of stepping. There's nothing wrong with the processor.