What Opty 165 Steppings has Newegg been pushing out?

red930

I ordered one because i saw a huge amount of people getting the CCBBE 0616XPMW stepping...

Instead, I get an ancient and crappy stepping: CCBWE 0551VPMW. Bad luck.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that would be dishonest.. besides, I could just sell it off to a friend of mine who's looking into a dualie. I already opened it.. gonna pop it in and see how far I get. I don't expect much higher than 2.65GHz though :(

Not really. I worried about my stepping and emailed them. They sent me an RMA and said as long as it was unopened, no problem ... but I'm special:)

Then someone here told me to look through the window on the box ... who knew ... and there was CCBBE looking at me. But yes, if you opened it, that's different.

i got CCBBE from newegg about a month ago... i havent really clocked high yet, only 2.5ghz.

i dont really have the best airflow or cooling in my case right now, and im going to buy some ram on wednesday for dual channel

Not really. I worried about my stepping and emailed them. They sent me an RMA and said as long as it was unopened, no problem ... but I'm special:)

Then someone here told me to look through the window on the box ... who knew ... and there was CCBBE looking at me. But yes, if you opened it, that's different.

Bummed as I got a crappy stepping especially when CCBBEs were flying out of the warehouse left and right... lmao worst comes to worst I'll pull 2.6ghz out of this proc..

I was the one who told you to look through the window :P

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...?t=68772&page=2