Your vcore, CPU cooler, speed, and coretemp?

Thasp

I think it'd be cool to have a thread where we can all compare, at full load. Core 2 Duos don't have nearly as many temp comparisons as socket 939 CPUs I noticed.

Don't use the onboard sensor- use coretemp, or TAT by intel.

I have 8x451 = 3600 MHz = 1.525v = with decently cool room, 68c, hot room 75c. Tuniq Tower 120 with 120mm fan at 2000 RPM.

On a different note, this is a big change for an AMD person like myself. Changing CAS latency from 3 to 4 gave me a nice boost in encoding audio, or RC5-72 also known as dnetc, and all sorts of stuff, whereas increasing memory bandwidth/tightening timings on the AMD did . unless it was a memory intensive application. On Intel it seems everything is a memory intensive application.

my temps at 390fsb 667div, 1.35vtt core +175. desktop between 50-53c. and loaded 67-69c. thats with a room temp of 20-23c.

all air setup in my sig.

my northbridge is hot as f**k though. at lower ram speeds 900MHz ish with 1.7v it sits at 47-50c desktop and loaded upto 60c. with higher ram speeds 1000MHz ish 1.75v it sits at 55c ish desktop and upto 67c loaded.

At 1.535v, 3.6 GHz, with my fan at 5v and the CPU idling, I hit 120c, and the stupid thing didn't even shut itself down.

Intel CPUs suck balls in terms of heat output. My two AMD CPUs could be overvolted 0.3v, and they were within, tops, 2-5c while idling overclocked and stock. Whereas Intel CPUs get boosted over 20-40c at idle from overvolting.

I still get 80c with orthos with the fan on all the way. This will take some getting used to, until I get the watercooling setup tomorrow. Hopefully I can learn how to set it all up quickly, after a day of leak testing. :D

When I went to 80 it began throttling when it was at load. However, when it went to 120c at idle, it did not throttle.

I'd stay under 80c. 120c is a tad too toasty for any CPU. It is caseless behind my chair, so I felt the hot air blowing on the back of my neck before I opened coretemp to see it was 120c. :O:D

When I went to 80 it began throttling when it was at load. However, when it went to 120c at idle, it did not throttle.

I'd stay under 80c. 120c is a tad too toasty for any CPU. It is caseless behind my chair, so I felt the hot air blowing on the back of my neck before I opened coretemp to see it was 120c. :O:D

Man, that is toasty but I like your style.:nod: Were you running Prime? If you go to 3.6 with a Conroe you need better cooling than air can provide. I don't care what the voltage bump is, the FSB bump will heat 'er up. The percent OC is, you must admit, impressive, especially with an Infinity board that is not really built or designed for a big OC. Are you testing a Conroe or are you talking about your Opteron 165 only?

Nope this is air cooling.

I am too lazy to make an updated sig, but pictures tell 1000 words. :D

http://thasp.net:4000/pictures/newdesk/small/DSC06328.png

http://thasp.net:4000/pictures/newdesk/small/DSC06331.png

Once I get watercooling, the radiator will go in the window, it's insanely cold outside so I may be able to get away with passive. It has three fans anyway. :D

Running C2D E6600 3.2Ghz 356x9, 1.325v, 35c/45c idle/load

Using a Scythe Infinity Heatsink and 120mm fan. This thing almost doesnt even need a fan on the heatsink. My case has 3 120mm fans and 2 of which are puling air from around the heatsink. Stays nice and cool. Even when I OC'd to 3.4 my temps only went up an average of 2 degrees celsius.