Crysis- Best FPS for '07???

thejamesvolta

Well I would hope so, But that's if they ever get around to releasing it :P

Mind you I would rather them hold off then release a 1/2 arse game (BF2 Bugs anyone?)

Mind you I like their System Spec Sheets...

Crysis is a highly anticipated PC shooter, mostly because of its stunning visuals. But the better they look, the more demanding they are, any PC gamer will tell you that. An admin posted the hardware requirements on the official Crysis forums. Although pure speculation, the admin claims he has researched a lot in order to get the requirements. Sounds pretty accurate, considering it’s Crysis;

Minimum Requirements:

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz

Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)

RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista

HDD: 6GB

Internet: 256k+

Optical Drive: DVD

Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements:

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)

Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent

RAM: 1.5Gb

HDD: 6GB

Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

Optical Drive: DVD

Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

Linky

Looks like I will be set for that game with my current specs.

Yeah, It looks like 1GB of ram will NOT cut it for this game, defintily going to have to have 2GB IMHO.

Along with your 7600GT :-/

I'm was really looking forward to this. I enjoyed the heck out of Far Cry. The graphics are still excellent and the first 2/3's of the SP game was quite interesting and challenging. However, EA is involved with it's distribution. I'm not trying to turn this into an "I hate EA" rant, but having played MOH:AA in its day and the BF series since BF42, I expect that EA will do something to screw this one up. I wish that the Crysis devs went on their own and put this out via Valve's Steam.

I'm going to wait on this one and see what happens as EA releases it. As long EA doesn't arse it up, it should be pretty visually stunning.

ram upgrade is a must for me...although IMO i have been needing it for a while...1gig of ram just doesnt cut it anymore...not for what i imagine the majority of us do with our computers...but as asways...as soon as you get it there is something bigger,better and faster...i might just go ahead and grab 4 sticks of 1 gig while im splurging on my system, while its readily available...getting harder and harder to find decent ddr1 kits