TV Tuner card

Can someone recommend a good TV Tuner card that won't conflict with my current setup? I'm looking to view a FTA sat (ViewSat Plat.). Looking to record some, but mostly just watch.

Thanks in advance

IMO the best TV tuners are made by Compro. They currently do not have a US distributor; however Silicon Valley Electronics, LLC should be selling them within the next few weeks. I'm not sure if many vendors market SAT tuners but check out the Compro VideoMate S350. I currently have one of their TV tuners in my Rig and have been very satisfied with it; I'm planning on purchasing a PCMCIA based tuner as soon as they're available at SVE.

I have a thread in the reccomendations and Hot Deals section... probably where this thread should be. Anyway, you can check that one out, I asked basically the same question.

maybe youll find something relevant.

I ended up getting an ATI TV Wonder VE. One of the least recommended cards. I find it nice... for the $$$. :)

IMO the best TV tuners are made by Compro. They currently do not have a US distributor; however Silicon Valley Electronics, LLC should be selling them within the next few weeks. I'm not sure if many vendors market SAT tuners but check out the Compro VideoMate S350. I currently have one of their TV tuners in my Rig and have been very satisfied with it; I'm planning on purchasing a PCMCIA based tuner as soon as they're available at SVE.

Absolutely. Unless you have an AIW Compro is the way to go. I have an ATI HDTV unit now, cost more for a lot less.

Guest caffeinejunkie
I have a thread in the reccomendations and Hot Deals section... probably where this thread should be. Anyway, you can check that one out, I asked basically the same question.

maybe youll find something relevant.

I ended up getting an ATI TV Wonder VE. One of the least recommended cards. I find it nice... for the $$$. :)

I used to run an ATI TV Wonder VE and it was great. The card itself was amazing for the price but I wasn't impressed with the software. This was close to three years ago so imagine the software is much better now.

Ok, I'm completely ignorant about these but I just ordered 2. At the price, who cares if they don't work. People liked them when they were current by reviews. For $16 shipped you may want to take a look.

http://dealnews.com/deals/Hauppauge-Win-TV...ped/140154.html

If you want trouble buy ATI all-in-wonder video (the straight TV one might be OK). I have had 3 of them and I could never keep all the drivers working. They may be OK if you never do anything else with your system. Of course ATI tech. support gave impeccable advice "re-install window."