Opty 165 CCBBE 0615DPMW

Spaz-Ed

I had the opportunity to buy this stepping just recently but turned it down since, after much online research, I found they could only be pushed to about 2.8GHz. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone out there in the DFI-Streets, I haven't seen any hit 2.9GHz - this would be informational to evryone.

The 0610/0617 CCBBE steppings have reached 3.0GHz and are ALMOST guaranteed to hit 2.9GHz with reasonable voltage (ie. safe on air). Better to wait around for one of these. I'm more than happy with my 0617 CCBBE, it happily runs 24/7 at 3.0GHz on H2O (see sig).

That's the stepping I recieved from Newegg for $159 a few weeks back. I have mine at 1.45Volts on air, Prime stable for 12hours before I shut prime down to plat games. So I would think with water cooling you will do better than me.

You might find this link informative. It has a database of dual core opty steppings and it lists this one as good for 3Ghz. I don't know where lokiel got his info that this is a bad stepping, but the folks at extremesystems seem to think its good and they know their stuff.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96900

Thanks for that link. It shows that it may have some potential.

You might find this link informative. It has a database of dual core opty steppings and it lists this one as good for 3Ghz. I don't know where lokiel got his info that this is a bad stepping, but the folks at extremesystems seem to think its good and they know their stuff.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96900

I have seen this site but if you troll the net more you will find that the 0610 and 0617 CCBBE steppings usually attain 2.9GHz whereas the 0615 CCBBEs more commonly tap out at 2.8GHz. ie. There are a LOT more internet references to the 0610 and 0617 steppings achieving 2.9GHz and beyond and very few for the 0615s.

These are just my findings and I do encourage others to post more on their overclocking experiences with the 0615 CCBBE stepping for the benefit of others. It may well be that the 0615 just has not had the publicity it deserves, until then, I can only recommend what I've found in my research and I would prefer a 0610 or 0617.

I have a CCBBE 0615DPMW myself and it seems to be able to reach 2.8 GHz at about 1.4V. Until I get my G.Skill HZs though, I won't be able to try taking it higher. If it's able to reach 2.8 at a low voltage, it shouldn't have too much trouble reaching 2.9.