Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi and Silicon Image 3114 on DFI SLI-DR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CURRENT BATCH OF TV CARDS ARE GOING PCI-EXPRESS....

more bandwith - less problems - (2x hdtv tunners + 2x satalite)

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/QuattroS.html

29411184462.jpg

CREATIVE STILL INSIST ON USING THE PCI BUSS (due to the fact that they=(or some else) has to redesign the chip interface)...

and current line goes - in the bin....

<>

And I have never, in over 10 years, heard of Creative utilizing any buss in such a manner that other components could play well or on equal footing and then they point the finger everywhere but at themselves...after they absolutely hogged the buss over everything else...and still the users flock to buy those types of cards and Creative has no reason to change the way the operate...so in the long run the users remain the 'enabler' in psychological parlance...

RGone...:confused:

CURRENT BATCH OF TV CARDS ARE GOING PCI-EXPRESS....

more bandwith - less problems - (2x hdtv tunners + 2x satalite)

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/QuattroS.html

29411184462.jpg

CREATIVE STILL INSIST ON USING THE PCI BUSS (due to the fact that they=(or some else) has to redesign the chip interface)...

and current line goes - in the bin....

These posts are getting off-topic the more I read to the bottom of this thread.

Anyway, my RAID5 (parity) array finished rebuilding and the sound card no longer makes any popping or cracking sounds right after booting into windows. I can actually play music through it even while I'm doing disk reads at ~34 MB/s and checksum checks off the array. I still think that I might have heard some popping but it might have been the di.fm station that I was listening to.

As for reference, I moved the X-Fi sound card to the middle PCI slot so that it would be on IRQ 19 all by itself. The top PCI slot shares IRQ 16 with the 3114 controller so I moved it off there right at the beginning. The original popping problem was still present while the array was rebuilding though.

I'll keep an ear out for any problems when I get a chance to play some games tonight... hopefully if time allows.

Has anyone giving a try of increase PCI latency times?

cause I figure that might help, if its losing data from timeouts i gues

increase or lower it... whers the option in the bios....

(WOW- THE WEB SITE CHANGED... VERY BROWN...)

Have You guys heard of the search function? Here's the link you do the searching for you're specific problem...http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/se...q=IRQ+conflicts

Sorry, not trying to be a dick but its like 53 pages deep just look around within this search and I am sure that you will find what I am refering too! But the post I read a while back the problem was actually solved by a CREATIVE staff member!

Ok guys sorry if I came of the wrong way with this! Unfortunately it was like around 5 in the morning and I was in terrible pain from my injuries from a recent car wreck and I may have not come across the right way. But to let you know I had no ittention of trying to be harsh with the post, I was just tired and in allot of pain and I forgot to check it over and edit it before I hit submit!

Please accept my appology it was not intential and I was trying to help, but at that time it had already took me 20 minutes to find the link and I just didn't have it in me at that time to find it for you or I would have!

Ok guys sorry if I came of the wrong way with this! Unfortunately it was like around 5 in the morning and I was in terrible pain from my injuries from a recent car wreck and I may have not come across the right way. But to let you know I had no ittention of trying to be harsh with the post, I was just tired and in allot of pain and I forgot to check it over and edit it before I hit submit!

Please accept my appology it was not intential and I was trying to help, but at that time it had already took me 20 minutes to find the link and I just didn't have it in me at that time to find it for you or I would have!

i hope you are ok,

im still recovering from a bad car crash from 3 months ago (i lost 10G from insurance-due to some elses error.):angel:

"Supposedly, lowering the latency from 248 to 128,64, or 32 will have a noticeable impact on the smoothness of games. Other devices like sound cards can also be lowered or raised to match the video card latency. Some users have reported better sound by removing crackles and pops etc."

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

im sure you could (with older boards) adjust it on my old agp board..

i just cant find it on my expert board.

(do you have to use the software version?)

"AGP video cards DO have PCI Latency timers. PCI Express cards DO NOT have PCI Latency timers."

{is that for pci-express cards- or motherboards-bios etc}

what is (exactly) "Latency timers"????