FX55 upgrade nfo requested

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sandiego core has an "improved" mem controller as well as the 1M cache so you should not only see better performance @ stock speeds, it should also make OC'ing your mem a little easier. (Big jump for me when I went from a S754 Sempron.... :) ).

ok i have some questions/discussion on this subject but for some reason my signature is not showing up. "show your signature" is checked and its enabled in my user configuration. it is also still showing up in my older posts, but just not new ones. i am aware that this probably doesnt belong here but i wasnt sure where else to post it.

if was unable to use optimised ram timings before with a 3500+ do you think there is a possibility i would be able to use them now with a fx-55? or is the cpu not the issue. i guess i should just try and see. hehe.

Also would the stock FX heatpipe HS be fine to run?

you mean the one that came with a retail version of your 3500+ ? or the one that came with the fx-55? with the same socket wouldnt they be the same? i got an oem version....

ok i just saw the Akasa EVO33 Cooler on ebay, it says it has some sort of "liquid technology" for about 46.00 (+ 20. shipping). thats a bit more than 7. but im guessing its nicer than the stock coolers. man now im wondering if my zalman is going to be good enough for this new cpu...