FX55 upgrade nfo requested

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AzN_plyR

Well My FX-55 is running at 3ghz at the minute.

Primed stable overnight @ 1.52 vcore. Load is 48c with an arctic cooler freezer 64 pro.

And yes, this is the same one for $139 at newegg :)

Azn did you have any problems with the swap? I have the same fx55 and want to swap out my 3500. new at this so can you tell me the right order to do the sawp? thanks

I just swapped out my Venice 3500+ for an FX55 from Newegg. I also moved my 7950 from an 8x PCIe slot to 16x PCIe slot, so I can't tell if it's only that but my benchmark in 3dmark 2006 went from a 5581 to 6400. I'm just playing around with OCing it but I've already got it at 2860mhz on the stock AMD heatsink from my old 3500+. MBM says it's running at 62C but prime95 is stable. Regardless, with a decent heatsink this is a nice upgrade if you're not already at an X2 4200 or aren't considering the jump to an Intel Core 2 Duo which owns EVERYTHING and will, until 2 weeks later and the Quadros come out. :)

End of the day, gaming doesn't benefit from more cores, but the Core 2 and Quadro are so fast that even single threaded applications benefit.

I just swapped out my Venice 3500+ for an FX55 from Newegg. I also moved my 7950 from an 8x PCIe slot to 16x PCIe slot, so I can't tell if it's only that but my benchmark in 3dmark 2006 went from a 5581 to 6400. I'm just playing around with OCing it but I've already got it at 2860mhz on the stock AMD heatsink from my old 3500+. MBM says it's running at 62C but prime95 is stable. Regardless, with a decent heatsink this is a nice upgrade if you're not already at an X2 4200 or aren't considering the jump to an Intel Core 2 Duo which owns EVERYTHING and will, until 2 weeks later and the Quadros come out. :)

End of the day, gaming doesn't benefit from more cores, but the Core 2 and Quadro are so fast that even single threaded applications benefit.

Oh and I just dropped in the chip - didn't have to make any BIOS changes whatsoever.

UPS's tracker shows [mine] a Monday delivery.

Looking foward to seeing how you "new converts" are doing with the transformation.

Kinda cool that some are getting good results just plugin' and playin'

Since it appears most of us current swappers are running different specs...... the main genie settings are things i'd certainly be interested in hearing from you folks.

Which version you guys get ??? CABYE 0524VPMW has been recieved by some already. Which are supposeebly the good ones ??