quieter cooling needed

godlyatheist

Most of those have an opening on the bottom of the plastic bensel if you prop it up so the opening is clear there is much less noise a couple CD boxes or a dead hard drive does the job for me.. The second thing that tends to make noise is any object directly next to the spinning- tight grill etc. Another idea is to use some of your 51/4 bays for a quiet 120 MM fan this is very effective.

Simply turning down your fan in the front benzel can help also try turning one or two fans at a time to see if one arrangment is better. I usualy have one extra fan blowing in to make sure the PSu gets plenty of cool air.

I'd just buy myself a bunch of coolermaster lownoise fans or arctic ooling fluid dynamic bearing fans. CM's are essentially silent but don't move a lot of air. The AC still move a bunch of air and are nearly silent.

Perfect case cooling.

Remove everything from case, EVERYTHING!

Make 3X 120mm holes in the bottom & 1 in the top (blow-hole).

Get some wide/medium mesh window screwning & hot glue to bottom of case, to catch dust.

Mount quiet 70-80CFM fan in blow-hole.

Turn HDD fan around & make it an exhaust fan & remove its filter.

Make sure there is at least 2" between the bottom of the case & the floor/desk.

If this doesn't do it, then mount a 120mm intake fan or 2 in the bottom of the case.

Always works great for me!

Note: About every 2-weeks vacum the bottom of the case or as needed.

This is a good fan: http://www.svc.com/kd1212pmb3-86.html

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

I'm also considering the Tt armor as an option for full sized case. For people who has this case, doesn't generate alot of air noise? It seems to have the same design as the centurion(mesh bay cover) but i don know if the extra $100 is worth it.

one stupid question: can you control a fan w/o rheostat/thermostat with a fan controller? speedfan can't to anything to my fans.