H2o Setup

Nuclear

Well...I just drained the system and filled it back up with the same combo mentioned above. I think I had some small sediments in the radiator, when I flushed it I got quite alot of very very small particles in the water. After flushing it 3 times, it's perfectly fine now. The water is crystal clear w/ the additive and the rez is showing no residue. Thanks for the concerns guys...this thing really puzzled me.

sediments in radiator o.o humbug..

what's funny though is that it was none there when I leak-tested the system. I think that most of this stuff was "shook" loose over a period of about a week due to the pump pressure. It's not alot, but enough to eventually cause something like this. At least it's fixed now and ready to go again.

He has it right. The resevoir should always be the highest point in a system in order to bleed the air out.

Yes, I understand that the resevoir should be at the highest point.

However, there might be something wrong with putting the resevoir before the CPU. For one, there is a risk of pumping air into the water block. Secondly, the resevoir causes the most loss in pressure so putting it before the water block comprimises the speed at which it flows through it. Fixing this is just a matter of switching around two of the hoses.

On the otherhand, Nuclear did an excellent job assembling this setup and his photos show no evidence of air in the system. Meaning, the position of the resevoir might not even effect the loss of pressure because its nice and tight.

I really do think this setup is great, I'm just playing the "devil's advocate" at the moment. :)

On the otherhand, Nuclear did an excellent job assembling this setup and his photos show no evidence of air in the system. Meaning, the position of the resevoir might not even effect the loss of pressure because its nice and tight.

I really do think this setup is great, I'm just playing the "devil's advocate" at the moment. :)

Hey, it's cool. I completely understand.

The reason for the flow like it is, is actually pretty simple. When I assembled this system I knew nothing about the best flow or characteristics, so I followed D-Tek's guide word for word. The way mine is setup is exactly how D-Tek had theirs, I know it's a really crappy explanation, but put yourself in my shoes. Now that I know alot more about flow, the arrangement is different. While having the fluid out tonight, I went ahead and re-did some things. My temps actally have showed no increase or decrease.

BTW: It took me 45 min and alot of patience to get the "airless" system, and this is without a T-line in the system. I have no "seen" air in the system. I'll have to hand it to D-Tek and their kit, this thing has been great for me except for getting a leaking WW.

Once again, thanks for the compliments. It really means alot.