Stuttering continues!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trace lengths...that is why 90% or better of most memory works best in the Orange slots. Gawd bless Crucial and their different stuff...

RGone...

Laterz buddy..

Just a quick question why are settings working perfectly fine memtest wise and going into windows in yellow slots, but completely failing over 220mhz in orange slots? :|

Trace lengths...that is why 90% or better of most memory works best in the Orange slots. Gawd bless Crucial and their different stuff...

RGone...

Ahh so i shouldnt be concerned them not working in orange and just stick with yellow? both my gskill and my ballistix prefered the yellow

Still doesnt solve my micro stutters though :eek:

NeilSouth,

I'm, quite aware you are using different ram than I (see sig.), but these symptom seem the same as an aknowledged (by Corsair) with some DIMMs.

It is seen ONLY when overclocking the video card (even though we are talking about system ram) AND playing some games (sometimes also video in a few cases).

In all cases the faulty DIMMs pass memtest and prime95 testing with flying colors.

The cause is/was said to be a need for tighter testing of ram chips when binning.

Corsair has tightened QC up now, and any with this problem due to the older DIMMs can get replacement with newer, better DIMMs.

I wonder if this might be the source of you somewhat wierd troubles?

Good Luck

PS - I think that thread was over at extream forums.

NeilSouth,

I'm, quite aware you are using different ram than I (see sig.), but these symptom seem the same as an aknowledged (by Corsair) with some DIMMs.

It is seen ONLY when overclocking the video card (even though we are talking about system ram) AND playing some games (sometimes also video in a few cases).

Not sure on that fella , could well be the case but.... My ballistix before hand doing it, now gskill doing it when its Brand new , one fails memtest the other passes with flying colours same symptons hmmm

Has to be something else, but what :(

If I were you I'd put everything back to stock speed and voltages....CPU, Video Card, PCI ex bus and then start testing after each increase in speed and voltage to find the culprit....otherwise you'll be banging your head against the wall constantly...you tried pretty much everything possible to fix your problem and it's still there....

I know it sucks when you gotta go back to the basics but in this case it'd be the best course of action....don't know if my fellow members agree....

Cheers

arklab, I have seen the same issue where memory passes memtest86+ with no errors at all. But windows acted very wunky...I diagnosed the ram as bad and the user sent it off to Gskil and made very precise description of the issue including that the memory passed memtest. Gskil Tech said he would test in windoors and sure enough the memory showed zonked and they sent new sticks to my buddy and he was off and sailing again...memtest86+ or any software memory tester is limited in the first place...and it is a sure thing that only a good description of the issue to the Gskil Tech got my friend relief...I say that because most everyone in these forums wants us all to guess at the configuration and the issue also...therefore I often think the results they get are poor...I think Neil is trying to keep his testing logical and in a straight line and without such...there is little chance to catch such oddball shett as he is seeing.

It sounds like memory or cpu issue for sure...and I am beginning to lean on the X2 processor thing since that was almost the very symptoms that I had with early X2 processors and why I left them in their boxes for months until the guy over at Xs said how and 'why' to put the X2 fixes in...I did so and my oddness went away and I never again ran single core processor after getting X2 funk cured.

RGone...

NeilSouth,

In all cases the faulty DIMMs pass memtest and prime95 testing with flying colors.

The cause is/was said to be a need for tighter testing of ram chips when binning.

Corsair has tightened QC up now, and any with this problem due to the older DIMMs can get replacement with newer, better DIMMs.

I wonder if this might be the source of you somewhat wierd troubles?

Good Luck

PS - I think that thread was over at extream forums.