Sign in to follow this  
NeilSouth

Stuttering continues!!

SATA drives will always show as removeable devices. These drives were designed for hot swapping.

Sure? My Samsung won´t do that. I think it will show as a removeable device if you set your first boot device => removeable. But I might be wrong.

Gipse

Ive done some researching tried different things i also found an old post of me complaining about stuttering in 2003! :eek: that was with an nforce 2 board. Here is what ive got left to try going by many different suggestions for other peoples stuttering problems.

1.) Try this mouse in ps2 port with a usb-ps2 connection

2.) Try a usb keyboard

3.) Remove nvidia drivers and go back to MS ide drivers

4.) Power supply problem? ( This may seem a bit steep to some, but bear in mind that a healthy unit will ensure that your computer is not victim to common power-starved symptons such as stuttering, hitching, and random reboots (these will be especially pronounced in games). from another forum

I'm going to throw out some strange suggestions. It's a bit like NASA, no matter how strange just postulate it anyway. Computer voodoo is sometimes the gremlin in the guts :)

Dual-core not playing nice with the gaming software?

Bad Internet connection? (I'm assuming you're playing online during this occurence)

Bad router?

Expansion port on the blink? Tried switching ports?

Perhaps the monitor refresh rate is too low?

Bad PSU?

Bad software installation on the SATA? Did you install the games while OC'ed?

SLI controller on the blink?

I know some of these are a bit ridiculous given your circumstances, but never hurts to try :)

I too had stuttering when switching from an Opteron [email protected] to a 4200+ dual core. The problem was down to using monitoring software, in my case MBM5, removing the software resolved all stuttering which had been driving me nuts for 2 weeks. For some reason this only seems to occur with dual core processors and the same behaviour occured with a 4400+.

Hope this goes some way to resolving your issue.

Dual-core not playing nice with the gaming software?

- Could be but i put affinity 1 , no change

Bad Internet connection? (I'm assuming you're playing online during this occurence)

- Single player too

Bad router?

- Single player too

Expansion port on the blink? Tried switching ports?

- Expansion port?

Perhaps the monitor refresh rate is too low?

- Put it upto 75hz it helps with the frame skipping in oblviion and transport tycoon but it its

doing it just alot faster more spread out, gives the impression of the game feeling slower

Bad PSU?

- Could be, anyway to test this?

Bad software installation on the SATA? Did you install the games while OC'ed?

- Yes i did , but my gut instinct tells me its not that because the files are not corrupted

and ive have to downclock everytime i play a game.. Battlefield 2 was installed on non oc'd

though

SLI controller on the blink?

- Sli controller? even if its single card

I know some of these are a bit ridiculous given your circumstances, but never hurts to try

- No worries , more suggestions the better thankyou Cuttlefish1212

Expansion port?

The slot into which you plug your graphics card. Try the other port and see what happens. It may be a bad port you're using.

Anyway to test this?

If you have a DMM or DVM then you can test the output on the rails. You can also jumpstart the PSU by shorting the green and black leads (14 & 15) on the 24-pin connector...this should cause the PSU to power on if it's working properly. Just make sure to have a load on the PSU, like a fan, before jumpstarting.