EVGA geforce 7900 GT KO Voltmod

Romv19

I brought a second one of this card to make my system sli but I had to RMA 3 of these cards because they keep dying on me. The first card I got it about 5 months ago I did the volt mod to 1.4v and has been runing at 650Mhz ever since.

The new card that I brought to upgrade my systerm to sli was DOA out of the box I rma it and the new one died after the volt mod then i got another one and that one i volt modded it fine it was running at 650Mhz fine and no problems I has sli working for about 3 days then tryied ATItools artifact finder and after about 40 min the systerm shutdown and the new RMA'd card died.

The first card that I got is the only one on my systerm now while I wait for the next RMA. The last 2 cards that I got after the RMA were different to the one that i have now that the original heatsinc and fan for both cards cover the Core and the Rams and the fan and heatsinc for the working card that I got only cover the Core.

My question is, is there a differenct between EVGA's 7900gt now that dont allow them to be voltmodded now?

BTW I installed a Zalman VF900-Cu on all the cards before running them with the voltmod.

The model for the cards that I have are EVGA geforce 7900gt CO the stock speeds are 500Mhz core 1500Mhz Ram on the subject of this thread I put they were KO by mistake.

Well, there are no new ones anymore. The 7950 sort of replaced them because the 7900GS was almost as good as the GT. I've only had mine about a month and this is what it does so far with no mods, but then again these are the KO SC that start at 580/1580.

<a href=3dmark06ak3.th.jpg' alt='3dmark06ak3.th.

You can only get 590 at stock? Wow, that sucks. I water cool mine, that may be why. This may make you cry, but I stopped at 710 just to stop. I've had no artifacting, freezing or anything yet. I bet I could up it some more. I had the memory up to 850, but I only have sinks on them and although there were no problems, my score is lower with anything over 800.

I always get average CPU's, so it's about time I get something good. :) I'd say a 260MHz o/c from the stock 7900GT speeds of 450 is good. Well, it did start as 580 so I guess that doesn't really count.

What sux is I still don't have the highest 7900GT score in my CPU class and speed. I'm number two....but I think I can take him. It's a 3800+ X2 to boot. :) I fall as number 3 in the GTX class too. :)

I'm verging on saying bull crap with those clocks. Your card's equivilent in the CPU world would be an Opteron 165 clocking to 3.1ghz on stock voltage...

If it's real nice F^&*iING card!

EDIT: I could be wrong but, his 3dmark06 is highlighted as "in front" yet his properties thign is in FRONT of the 3dmark window.... looks fishy.

I don't have a single card running that score. It's SLI. Carry yourself over to FutureMark and look it up for yourself. Look at all my scores in the o/c data base here. I think I was at 650 then. You can believe what you want, but it is what it is. I'm amazed myself. Everytime I upped it, I was waiting for a freeze or artifacts...nothing. I think one of the rocks in Firefly was blinking a tiny bit on one run.

The hottest I saw the temps on both cards was 42.

BTW, look how blurry my signature is. That tells you of my PS skills. :) I don't know diddly about PS. But then again, did I purposely hose the signature knowing that I could use it as an alibi to fake a 3dmark06 score. Puh-lease. My score is on the 3rd page of ALL the X2's. I guess everybody ahead of me faked it too? :)