Trouble with CMOS clear

Hey all.

Here's the situtation. I'm dealing with the three LED, no boot problem. This has happened to me before in the past and I've usually had no problem clearing the CMOS and getting my BIOS options all set up again. This time my system is being stubborn. I've tried every CMOS clearing procedure I can find on this site and nothing has worked yet. I'm currently in the midst of a 24 hour clear following ExRoadie's instructions. It should be done in about 3 hours. On the off chance that this clear doesn't work, what else can I try? Are there other clearing procedures? Do I need to actually RMA my board?

Well, the clear didn't work. Seeing as ExRoadie's process is the most indepth one I've found, I'm not sure what else to do.

Ok, I'm back. The clear did not work. As far as I can tell, that was the last thing that I could pull off. I'm really not sure what to do now. Any kind of advice would be helpful. Also, if there are any questions reguarding my situation, please feel free to ask.

Have u tried a cmos clear with only 1 stick of ram in the board? Could be the default setting's not being set up properly for the ram. I had to pull one stick and clear cmos then boot with the one stick and go directly into bios and configure the ram timing's. Then shutdown and put the other stick back in and it booted back up.

Have you tried booting with the 1 stick of mem in each of the different slots?

I have not, but should be able to do that easily enough. However, I won't be able to post the results until tomorrow afternoon.

Have you tried different memory.

Yeah, I borrowed a friends ram. I was just some cheap 512 stick. The results were the same.

For what it is worth, I got 1 board that will not get passed the 3 red LED + BEEP error, no matter how long I cleared CMOS, and no matter what slot(s) the RAM was in.

This was on a RMA board, and I guess I need a RMA for the RMA.

Ok, last night I tried booting with the ram (mine) in different slots to see if there would be any difference. Unfortunetly, there was not. I'm trying another clear now, hopefully better results this time.

For what it is worth, I got 1 board that will not get passed the 3 red LED + BEEP error, no matter how long I cleared CMOS, and no matter what slot(s) the RAM was in.

This was on a RMA board, and I guess I need a RMA for the RMA.

What is the process involved with RMAing a board?

I'm getting the same problem on my board and the only options seem to be flashing the BIOS, RMAing the board, or getting a different one. I regret to say I'm saying farewell to DFI... :(

I wouldn't give up on DFI yet, when there stuff works, it works well.

My system IS rock stable when it boots. I just had issues of getting it to boot correctly 100% of the time, finding all my drives & NICs.

The RMA board, I can't get to boot sadly, but I think this is because I was sent a older revision board that don't like my RAM.

I still haven't given up on DFI, since I know what DFI is capable of.