DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Guest DaddyD302_merged

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So I had the same problem as one of the other posts, XP took 4-5 hours to install and then the booting of XP was taking 4-5 minutes on the following machine:

• AMD 4200+ Brisbane
  • DFI LANParty UT NF590
  • 2 GB GeIL PC6400
  • 2 WD 160GB 16MB Cache Hard Drives
  • 2 Gigabyte 7600GS 512MB in SLI

I've read through a bunch of forums and tried almost everything that was mentioned to a certain extent. Although I'm a slight noob when it comes to OCing, I hope I'll be able to do some OCing to this machine. None of it helped.

Anyway, the DFI Support guys were very quick to respond to my email about it. Here's is the response and maybe this will help some other people who are experiencing the same problem.

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Shutdown and remove ALL power from the system. Unplug power supply from wall if you must.

2. Locate the clear CMOS jumper in manual and jumper pins 2 and 3 for from 5 to 10 seconds.

3. At the end of 5 to 10 seconds put jumper back on pins 1 and 2.

4. Reconnect ALL power including plugging in power supply if that is how you shut off ALL power.

5. Boot the computer to the bios and Load Optimized Defaults. Save and reboot before setting up bios as needed for your configuration.

This has been working for many users.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps someone.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I should have seen this thread before and mesed up. Sorry bout that.

Anyways, I am getting the following

DFI LANParty SLI-M2R/G

AMD64 X2 6000+

2x1gb OCZ Titanium Alpha XTC DDR2-1000

Western Digital 250gb/16mb SATA 2

Plextor px-716a

OCZ PowerStream 600wt

And was wondering if that will work out well together, mainly the RAM situation is my worry. I see DFI has put a new BIOS up on their website, but also wondering if ncix.com has the boards coming with that BIOS. Anyways, that is besides the point and I can call them and ask.

Are there any problems I am going to encounter with this setup? RAM my main concern.

having 2 of the 590-sli now, all i can say is you may be better off with the asus till dfi fixes the bios on these boards, its really messed up, temps read wrong, dividers dont work right, least ways with the high end cpu's, like fx-62, 5600 x2, and 5200 x2 all of which i have tried and suspect the 6000 x2 wont fair much better, i ordered a asus 590-sli last nite see if it can do any better with it.

yeah im a bit scared after seeing these problems. I mean, not even my rdx200 had this many problems it seemed. I have never used anyone but DFI for my builds. I do like the extra room on the board for my PhsyX card and Soundcard, but I am gonna be watercooling anyways with SLI on Swiftech MCW60 blocks. So that would give me the room on the ASUS, but I feel disloyal to DFI...hahahaha.

Since solving the problems I had in the beginning which was having a hard time installing XP and finding out NCQ enabled really can't be left on when the HDD doesn't support it, it has been stable since then and recently I bought some Crucial Tracer 8500's from Newegg I've been able to push the HTT a bit more but not past 300, it seems my CPU is at the max.

Ah oh well still a great board to me.

having 2 of the 590-sli now, all i can say is you may be better off with the asus till dfi fixes the bios on these boards, its really messed up, temps read wrong, dividers dont work right, least ways with the high end cpu's, like fx-62, 5600 x2, and 5200 x2 all of which i have tried and suspect the 6000 x2 wont fair much better, i ordered a asus 590-sli last nite see if it can do any better with it.

You bought an ASUS board hoping they would do better? Their bios revisions are just as bad if not worse. The real problem is that noone is using these boards and we're getting the end result: the manufacturers just don't give a crap about boards that are not selling. Good luck with ASUS, they are even worse in updating stuff.....

You bought an ASUS board hoping they would do better? Their bios revisions are just as bad if not worse. The real problem is that noone is using these boards and we're getting the end result: the manufacturers just don't give a crap about boards that are not selling. Good luck with ASUS, they are even worse in updating stuff.....

well ya better tell asus cause they didnt hear ya, the board is working 100% better than the dfi one, they really screwed the pooch on the dfi board.

Just got my Crosshair and 6000x2 from the egg today. I am going to pair it up with :

OCZ gold ddr 1100

OCZ 600 watt game extreme psu

Noctua 120 cpu cooler

EVGA 7950 gt ko superclocked

Going to do some benching and see how far I can push the 6000 on air and then possibly swap it out with my dfi 590 and 5200 in my daily rig and put it on water if the results look promising..

I bought my ASUS Crosshair today. I was about to buy the DFI LP, cause man I love DFI, but the guy was like. If you buy this, I guarantee you will be back to RMA it. He said that hes sold boards to around a dozen people and they have all returned them and some have done 2-3 RMAs. I feel so bad, but I feel happy with my purchase. Its the first time in about 10 boards I have gone with something other then DFI.