DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Guest DaddyD302_merged

Guest DaddyD302

Ok got the mobo yesterday. I am having the same problem as I did with my old MSI K9 SLI platinum. I cannot get windows XP install to save my life. Windows will either stall at the welcome thing where it tells you how many minutes are left till it's done or stall before that where it can't instal certain drivers. The drivers will be corrupt and tells me to try again or skip it, and I have to reset the computer. Tried everything from, using 1 ram, taking out the X-Fi, lowering the memorey to 400, nothing is working. I thought it was my Lite on dvd burner, tried TDK, and Aopen, both with the same results. Tried my brothers SP2 cd, and same results. Tried switching back to my old OCZ OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold, and again same results. I even up the ram volt to 2.0 and nothing. I followed all the instructions in the manual. I am desperate here for help. I might just take ity to a shop because I'm so frustrated at the moment.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having problems installing winxp here too. I can't get past the copying to hdd part before some random file causes a BSOD. Also, my BIOS screen gets locked up when I run the cursor over an empty slave ide slot. Could there be something wrong with the IDE connection?

Unfortunately, you are using two types of RAM that have known issues. OCZ Gold had problems with a lot of AM2 mobos and Corsair and DFI have never really gotten along. I know you can send your OCZ in and they will switch it out or flash it to make it work for AM2. I can only imagine if you've had the same problem with two different boards, though, that the problem may be the drive or even the cable you are using. Try swapping them both out.

noob speaking, just reminding you guys that when installing XP SP2 you should disable all (any) security features in the BIOS. For example if your bios has a onboard firewall option or a anti-virus securty option, you should disable them before you install Win XP SP2.

G-Skill FTW.lol

I didn't have one problem with the board or installing Windows XP a couple of days ago, then again I am using G.Skill memory so that may make a difference. I also have the dram voltage at 2.1v which this memory requires to be stable.

yeah it turns out my ram was undervolted at 1.9v. I had EPP/SLI READY enabled but left voltages alone until I started oc'ing later on. Disabling EPP got me a bit further in the install and bumping to 1.95v got me all the way, woohoo. Now I'm at 2.13v (why isn't there a 2.10v? is it the amps?) with EPP enabled. I thought EPP was supposed to set the voltages automatically...? I don't know maybe I'll figure out what went wrong soon enough, but now I finally get to play with my new toy :D

Guest DaddyD302
yeah it turns out my ram was undervolted at 1.9v. I had EPP/SLI READY enabled but left voltages alone until I started oc'ing later on. Disabling EPP got me a bit further in the install and bumping to 1.95v got me all the way, woohoo. Now I'm at 2.13v (why isn't there a 2.10v? is it the amps?) with EPP enabled. I thought EPP was supposed to set the voltages automatically...? I don't know maybe I'll figure out what went wrong soon enough, but now I finally get to play with my new toy :D

Do you got raid installed? I can't see my HD in bios. I have all the raids enable. It only shows up when I leave bios and it's booting. Also did you install windows the long way or quick? I did both but same problems. Anyways I managed to get to windows, installed the cd drivers, rebooted, downloads windows updates, reboot. Then when I installed my firewall/antiviruse cd, I get a error message from nvidia saying my raid is corrupted???? Now I'm back to sqaure 1, reinstalling windows...

no sorry I don't use raid, but I didn't even need my sata drivers during the install with the F6 key. Strange usually I would have to insert a floppy during setup for it to detect the hdd. Not sure what you mean by long/quick ways, I just have my april '06 slipstreamed xp that already has the patches.