60.000 memtest errors? :D

It began yesterday, got messages all the time that "exekvation" protection thing closed my programs and after that I got no response from computer.

Restarting gave me BSOD @ windows login and when I tried to reinstall windows it said "syntax error 2017" and BSOD´s all the time.

So, I tried memtest with the TMOD cd and when it was running at 3% I had about 60.000 errors.

It works right now but with only 1 ram stick. (In the orange slot = nr 3? (not the one near Cpu, If I put one of the ram´s there computer wont start and just "peeps" from speaker)

This computer has been up and running for 6months without problems and OC`ed, and now suddenly it just dies?

RMA memory? or MB?

It began yesterday, got messages all the time that "exekvation" protection thing closed my programs and after that I got no response from computer.

Restarting gave me BSOD @ windows login and when I tried to reinstall windows it said "syntax error 2017" and BSOD´s all the time.

So, I tried memtest with the TMOD cd and when it was running at 3% I had about 60.000 errors.

It works right now but with only 1 ram stick. (In the orange slot = nr 3? (not the one near Cpu, If I put one of the ram´s there computer wont start and just "peeps" from speaker)

This computer has been up and running for 6months without problems and OC`ed, and now suddenly it just dies?

RMA memory? or MB?

If you had some other memory to try I wuold do that first...because if the motherboard produces errors with good memory then it could be the motherboard...

If you had some other memory to try I wuold do that first...because if the motherboard produces errors with good memory then its the motherboard...

I´ve tried both Ram´s now. Trying to find another Ram stick to borrow and try.

None of the sticks work in Slot 1 near cpu and 1 of them works in slot 3 (next orange), the other stick doesn´t want to work at all, speaker just beeps, Do I need to try the yellow slots too?

The stick that works in slot 3 runs memtest without problems.

Smells like ram and mb RMA right now.. (TwinX ram and I need to rma both)

1 stick will only work in slots 1or2 never in 3or4 usally most memory works best in orange slots to test use orange slot furthest from cpu#2. If one stick passes and other doesn't then may try setting memory timings to get to work.No need to run memtest past first few errors if it won't pass it won't pass. Also what tests # is it erroring on.

1 stick will only work in slots 1or2 never in 3or4 usally most memory works best in orange slots to test use orange slot furthest from cpu#2. If one stick passes and other doesn't then may try setting memory timings to get to work.No need to run memtest past first few errors if it won't pass it won't pass. Also what tests # is it erroring on.

Ok, the working stick works in slot 2 as I said (not near cpu), the other stick doesnt. I´ll try the yellow slots anyway. (writing from computer right now)

So really i need 2 sticks to test MB, slot 1 & 2, because if one of my sticks are broken then i cant try if 1 & 2 works.

So my conclution is that one stick is broken and maybe MB too. (If 1 & 2 works with 2 other sticks mb is ok)

Don't know where mobo came in as its a memory issue some times memory will test good as single stick but will not run dual channel with those settings and must be adjusted. Very few people are able to run default settings with these boards the memory must be setup manually and tweaked.

Ok, the working stick works in slot 2 as I said (not near cpu), the other stick doesnt.

the other stick doesnt. IS the BAD STICK... and it ain't a matter of moving the bad stick all over the board...IT is BAD... X stick works in orange slot futherest from the cpu BUT Y stick does not? You have one bad stick...pretty simple really.

RGone...

the other stick doesnt. IS the BAD STICK... and it ain't a matter of moving the bad stick all over the board...IT is BAD... X stick works in orange slot futherest from the cpu BUT Y stick does not? You have one bad stick...pretty simple really.

RGone...

How come single stick only works in slot 2?

Shouldn´t a single stick work in alla slots?

In your mind maybe but in practice the boards are NOT built that way.

RGone...

Well, first time Dfi user, mostly used Msi before. So that is why I asked. Single sticks in different slots worked on my Msi neo/fi.