DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could decrease the multiplier and pump some more HTT you could decrease to 10X.And increase the voltage from the CPU to 1.6 and the chipset to 1.6v.Waht stepping do you have.From what I see yours has the same simptoms as mine.Mine does something like that as well.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this is what i have been able to do , i will attach the pics...

[ATTACH]5684[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5685[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5686[/ATTACH]

now i have a problem i can't seem to get the cpu above 2.6GHz no matter the HTT or the FSB even when the voltage was 1.5 ...this is why cpu clock is only 2.54 i don't want to pressure the ram although i think it can go a ibt further...

any suggestions on the problem..?

thanks

Unless my math is playing tricks again I think your ram is on a DDR667 divider. Have you tried a DDR533 setting? This would lower the ram speed at a more reasonable value that wouldn't hamper your OC. My testing and some other tests found on the web prove that lower ram frequency coupled with tighter timings can lead to better performance.

In the case you manage to get @ around 300HTT I would advice you to change the NB cooler. Since I wrote the last time I've changed the NB HSF with a Thermalright HR05 SLI and the NB temp have dropped below 40°C while passive/silent. I managed to up the OC to a stable HTT 322MHz (from a previous best of 300MHz)

I hope it helps. In the case you are "Old kind" orthodox I wish you a Merry Christmas (it is on the 6th of January isn't it?)

Yeah your math is playing tricks again :tooth:

He has the ht @ 3x :tooth: but the dram @ 800 :eek2:

What I didn't understand is why he had downgraded the multi @9x, I've missed that the first time looking.

So in order to continue the OC I would keep the DDR@800, the multi @3x and the CPU multi @11x. This would drop the HTT for the same CPU freq thus dropping the dram speed without having to set DDR667 in the BIOS.

On his current settings if he was to drop the DDR setting at 667 he would get a CPU/6 divider so DDR600. At 287HTT => DDR 861MHz ...reasonable.

Still I think this would be a better setup. A 11x multi would need 230 HTT to obtain 2500MHz. The Dram divider for DDR800 would be CPU/6 (733MHz) and @ 230HTT it would be 840MHz, pretty much the same as the previous setup performance-wise. The only difference is that with this latter setup the mobo isn't OCed a lot. This means the NB would heat up less while providing the same performance. This setup would provide some margin to OC since @3xHTT and 11xmulti the HTT is only 230, so a HT link of 690. This CPU should go to at least 2.7GHz, some have touched 3.0GHz, so it's not worth limiting yourself by using a lower than stock CPU multi.

I was speaking from experience, my rig wont get above 2.6 if I leave it at 10x. The only way I was able to get faster was by dropping it to 9 and the ram to 667.

But maybe thats just the 3800's which are 10 by default.

You are correct about the northbridge cooling though, I've had to drop mine to 302 at the moment due to cooling problems. But I have been able to hit the ram harder at 4 4 4 12 and 1T for now.

new updated pics...

[ATTACH]5694[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5695[/ATTACH]

however i have made a mistake when i have said that the CPU will not go over 2.6 stable it went 2.7 without any problems but what i would like to do is to have the ram work at over 1gig...like 1044 or something like that and have the cpu at the highest clock possible...current settings are stable and craptioning properly , ram voltage is 2.1 and cpu is 1.5v...ok folks what should i do to get this the way i want it , and mem divider is 800...

thanks

im having problems getting over 310HTT, i know my max on my CPU is 2.7GHz.

I tried 8x325 with HTT multi set at 3x and memory divider set at DDR400. I have HTT voltage to 1.35V.

It won't boot any higher than 310HTT, any ideas?

Well my question is..is there really a need? Increase the divider to 9x and lower the HTT. You will achieve a more effective overclock. The performance gains of going over 310 will be minimal or non-existent.