Ti 4600 A Mistake?

Iggy

I purchased a VisionTek TI 4600 for what I thought was an exceptional price, $107, on ebay, shipping included. Was that a mistake? Its not DX9, but considering you'll be hard pressed to find a TI 4200 128mb for that price, and its better than the FX 5600 or FX 5200, I thought it was good. Good deal or Rotten Apple?

was being the key word. they did go under and were saved by ATI and sapphire. the cards do NOT have a warranty anymore :( but it shouldn't be an issue cuz they tend to be fairly solid card built in the US (can't guess how they ran out of $$$ now can you?)

was being the key word. they did go under and were saved by ATI and sapphire. the cards do NOT have a warranty anymore :( but it shouldn't be an issue cuz they tend to be fairly solid card built in the US (can't guess how they ran out of $$$ now can you?)

Was it September 11? cause im guessing that if people are getting layed off their comp is gonna be the last thing they spend their money on.... and Xero HL2 runs on my computer in my sig fine (THE HACKED VERSION) haha

Ok, thanks guys. So the warranty is dead now? Hmm...thats interesting, since I bought this thing as an open box untested and sold as-is, with no returns. Still, I think was only used as a display model or something like that.

I am running a PNY GE4 TI4600 for close to a year now and I don't have any complaints about the card so far! Unless you're into high gaming resolution and advance graphics design, the TI4600 should be able to hold its own!

odds are good that the card is fine. who did you buy it from on ebay. if he's from berkley michigan it's a good chance I know exactly where the card came from :)

but the retail warranty on them was gone after visiontek filed for bankrupcy :(

The Ti4600 is still an admirable card to have, I was going to get the MSI model for $150 U.S. but the seller decided to keep it for a second system.

I bought the card from Nello USA <> Cananda auctions, who appear to be selling off a warehouse of old parts. I think the TI 4600 will do fine for me, I don't have any DX9 games, and I'm not going to be buying HL2 (not a first person shooter type), so this should work fine for Star Trek games. I'm just hoping for good framerates at 1280x1024, maybe some AA and AF.