[Need Suggestions] Gigabyte 3D Galaxy Liquid cooling system (kit)

ReelFiles

You could get just as good of temps from high end air as you could from a cheap water cooling kit.

The quality of the components is what concerns me. If your budget is limited you definitely cannot aford to take a chance on a cheap kit using subpar components that may cost you other parts in your rig.. The block is one of the flimsiest I have seen and the pump doesn't look like it would have a very long service life.

Ok, good to know. I was thinking of getting a flow meter or a bay reservoir, to monitor flow and levels. How about a good block with integrated peltier? I saw one once, but I forgot where, are they any good.

You could get just as good of temps from high end air as you could from a cheap water cooling kit.

The quality of the components is what concerns me. If your budget is limited you definitely cannot aford to take a chance on a cheap kit using subpar components that may cost you other parts in your rig.. The block is one of the flimsiest I have seen and the pump doesn't look like it would have a very long service life.

I like the base of the block, I could make a custom top out of acrylic, I have the tools to do it. I definitely wouldn't want to risk my Opty though. I don't know jack about pumps, so any info on good ones would be appreciated.

Ok, good to know. I was thinking of getting a flow meter or a bay reservoir, to monitor flow and levels. How about a good block with integrated peltier? I saw one once, but I forgot where, are they any good.

That I dont know much about, but really I would suggest the DD TDX Block, for $6 more you could get a brass top that would be more than fine, I am running granted a 2x120 mm Radiator, Stealth 240 GTS ( great radiator by the way) and at 1.6v my FX-57 gets no hotter than 45C under full load, ambient temps like 74 F I dont know the conversion off hand but it stays under 50 at all times.... I think if you go with the Black ICE Xtreme its ver thick radiator you should be able to keep temps low enough to help OC higher...

I am mostly concerned about staying stable at my current config, I have a feeling I have a weak memory controller on this CPU, so I don't know how much further I will take her. Is $150 a reasonable budget or should I just wait to save more money up?

The CoolIT Systems Freezone Universal CPU Cooler is looking better and better the more reviews I read about it, I might hold out for that.

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-90.html

The thing is once you got it you cant return it, and I have seen a few things that say its just as good as water and is a lot louder....The single 92mm fan in the back is a little to small, and at full speeds can be very loud, one of the review I read made a comment like that. And really the water cooling bit is a lot of fun and very gratifying to build. If you save up the extra money you could easilly build a great Water Cooling setup for less than $300, some where around $250 might be a good range...but of course as I always say its your money, do what fits you best, if you like the Freezone go for it, if you would like to try Water Cooling go for that....

Well, I've been reading about peltiers lately and I definitely would like to try it out, So maybe I will save up some cash and I should be able to get something going by the end of the summer.