Retaining Bracket Cpu

I Just Picked Up A Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro Cpu Cooler But Due To The Mounting Bracket Ont The Dfi Mother Board I Cant Use It.. Is There Another Retaining Bracket That Will Give You Vertical Mounting Tabs Instead Of Horzontal.

I Just Picked Up A Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro Cpu Cooler But Due To The Mounting Bracket Ont The Dfi Mother Board I Cant Use It.. Is There Another Retaining Bracket That Will Give You Vertical Mounting Tabs Instead Of Horzontal.

Are you sure there isn't different hardware supplied with the heatsink? I know other people use it and haven't heard of any problems...

Nope, on the 64 Cooler it will only fit one way, but some retainers can be rotated 180 around the cpu but not this one lol. unless im missing something.

the clip can be disassembled by removing the single screw that holds the thumbtab onto the bracket... but this only allows you to spin the Freezer Pro 180 degrees, not 90 degrees.

On my Ultra-D, I'm left with the choice of it pointing up or down only (I reversed the bracket so it points up toward the PSU and rear exhaust fans). You may have better luck with your board config and mounting options, but with the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64, you get only two orientations.

Now isn't the Hyper Type-R just like the OCZ Modstream that has 1x120mm fan on the bottom? It will exhaust hot air from your HSF, so it's not so bad. Just make sure you have 1x120mm high speed fan mounted on your side case window. It usually helps alot....

the clip can be disassembled by removing the single screw that holds the thumbtab onto the bracket... but this only allows you to spin the Freezer Pro 180 degrees, not 90 degrees.

On my Ultra-D, I'm left with the choice of it pointing up or down only (I reversed the bracket so it points up toward the PSU and rear exhaust fans). You may have better luck with your board config and mounting options, but with the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64, you get only two orientations.

Unless they have changed something in the past couple of months in the design of the Artic Freezer Pro you can orient any of the 4 cardinal directions you want (i.e. towards the front, back, down, or up). Go back and look at it again and try -- I know I had it mounted with the fan blowing toward the back of my case. You don't need any different bracket you just assemble the clip setup at 90deg of the original setting.

I ended up going with a BigTyphoon because of the simple fact that I didn't like the lack of RAM cooling with the Freezer Pro.

Jim