What FSB are your Ultra D's maxing out at??

with a 1/2 divider on the memory I seem to be maxing out at 312 fsb which is good for 2.8ghz. Not bad but I want to know if there is something else I can do to maximize this

Guest caffeinejunkie

My ultra-d has gone past 400 but I didnt test much further. Try playing with DDS/DDDS, MAL, Preamble, ect....

i suppose if you were to try and max the FSB, you'd run a 1/02 divider for the ram, and prolly the lowest multiplier for the cpu and LDT. i think this would effectively isolate the FSB. prolly wouldn't be for practical use though, lol

with a 1/2 divider on the memory I seem to be maxing out at 312 fsb which is good for 2.8ghz. Not bad but I want to know if there is something else I can do to maximize this

You're right in the same range I'm running my 0617 at... 2.8-2.875 depending on my voltages and mem settings... getting much more with air is good cooling (not just on the CPU), ambient room temps and well... luck of the draw.

You can mess with the read preamble, max async latency and dram drive settings... things start to get a little funky even running close to stock memory frequencies when you get too far over 300HTT... this is because of the A64 on-die memory controller.

Another thing to pay special attention to is extra active cooling around the PWMIC and Voltage regulators next to the cpu (the ones with the silver metal heatsinks)... running under load at high HTT, especially with a dual-core with 1MB cache per core like the Opty 165, gets that area really hot and temps too high there affect the stability. You may be able to boot at say 320-324 HTT, but you'll never complete a dualPrime test like that... it will overheat in less than 5 minutes. Try mounting an extra fan at that area and make sure you have good airflow through your case and you may gain a little.