20pin PSU

Promethius

I am selling my DFI SLI-DR. The person i am selling to only has a 2opin psu will this be adiquite to power the board if hey plug in the rest of the connectors (4pin, molex, and fdd)

It may work in some cases, and it may not in others. The buyer is certainly free to do whatever he wants, so long as he knows that by choosing to use a 20-pin PSU he is forfeiting DFI support of the board, and he's risking wasting his money by damaging his own board and/or the components attached to it.

The engineers who built the board know more about what it needs than any user, and they recommend a 24-pin PSU because it will run the board within acceptable tolerances and greatly reduce the risk of damaging the board and any components attached to it. IMO if a person cannot afford, or is too cheap, to upgrade to the proper PSU, then that person also cannot afford, or is too cheap, to gamble, which is what one is doing by using a 20-pin PSU on a 24-pin board.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SUGGEST TO OTHERS TO RUN ON A PSU NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE DFI LANPARTY MOTHERBOARDS.

just because something works for you does not mean you should run around telling everyone you know what you are talking about

^

|

|

|

maybe you want to take a minute to digest all that...