What kind of demonic spyware is this?

Evil_inc

I seemed to have picked up a bug that I can't shake. It delivers pre programed popup messages through "Messenger Service" and... well I will let you all check this out. These are the variants of all the messages I have been getting.

demond6.jpg

demond5.jpg

demond4.jpg

demond3.jpg

demond2.jpg

demond1.jpg

I have preformed full scans with norton and adaware and turned up the usual junk but nothing out of the ordinary.

that would be a variation of the winfixer spyware/virus...I actually just had to take it off a dell at the shop. Its a pain in the @$$ to remove but it is possible, reboot into safe mode and run a free ewido scan. if that doesn't get rid of it on reboot, rerun th escan and take note of what registry entries are being infected...you can guess where this is going. open up your registry and remove the invalid entries.

Vuvundo fix may also work (Google it)

Linky goodness.

http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

Hope this helps,

Barry Benton

(AKA shatteredsteel)

Go into your Registry and look into your RUN and delete what you know it's not suppose to be there. If you're using I.E. make sure you clean out all of your cookies, temps, temp. Internet Folders. Run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and maybe do SPYWAREGUIDE.com first. It's an ACTIVE-X application that scans on-line which has been working great for me unless you get something really really bad. So no more pron sites okay? :)

My system has crashed many times and I have reinstalled windows 4 times. Sp2 screws with my printer so I do not have it installed. I had had messenger disabled but it was enabled when I checked it so I disabled it again. I am also running symantec's Trojan.Vundo remover to see if I can scrape up any mess. I also ran Vundofix but that turned up nothing. I haven't gotten a message since I disabled messenger again.

I've always liked using HiJackThis for these problems...

Give it a try in safemode if you haven't gotten rid of the problem yet and then search online for a parser for the log file and you will be able to clean up a lot of crap on your system.

Jim

I've found that Hosts Secure and a properly configured CORE FORCE help to prevent spyware from functioning even if you manage to become infected. Good luck.

You know what you can do is install Ad-Aware and use it's tool to perm. disable Messanger. You did disable it through the services, correct? You should try out my suggestions as well, you'll notice a nice boost in your hd. :)