DFI RS482 anyone ever had one ?

anyone ever had one of the DFI RS482 mATX boards ?

im looking around at various mATX baords and found the DFI variant.

good reviews of it so far and the bios features are just crazy for an mATX board. i like that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm also thinking about getting one of these for a LAN, pairing it with one of those X-QPack cases.. so far, reviews sound good..

edit: but i'm no longer an ATI fan, so i might buy a Foxconn or something.. time will tell.

yeah its a tie for me between the foxconn,, dfi,,, biostar,, and jetway.

the jetway with the modded bios i guess is actually agood baord.

i have had the biostar tforce 6100 but have not tried the 6100-M9 version.

overall aside from not knowing anything about the DFI the biostar is the best.

it is only lacking the chipset voltages which really cripples the htt sometimes.

my last biostar i got to 275htt but many have reported over 300HTT which is wicked for an mATX board.

i found someone on the [h]ard|forum with a jetway, WITH a Qpack for a good price.. thinkin about it.. i just want an nVidia chipset, s939, and PCI-express.. i already have a wicked computer (for what i need), i just want something i can take to my friends' lan parties and not DIE in the process.. CMstacker is huge..

i could really care less about overclocking.. as long as it has SOME OC'ing in it.. i'd be happy.

Guest scott2
anyone ever had one of the DFI RS482 mATX boards ?

I've been using one as an HTPC too. I had a couple issues right out of the box, but after flashing the BIOS to 3/21/06 and moving the memory to the other two slots it's been more or less fine. My only problem is a very brief loss of picture now and then when watching video within MCE. It may be the fault of something else too.

how about the overclocking side of things.

i mean that bios has more stuff than i think even the ultra-d does.

i like that.

but it doesnt do any good if the HTT craps out.

i saw one guy onnew egg claim to get 320 HTT

what about you guys ?

i dont really feel like paying 90+ bucks for a mini atx board when i get get an open box ultra-d from newegg for 66

but i am getting another qpack case so i need a good board.

how about the overclocking side of things.

i mean that bios has more stuff than i think even the ultra-d does.

i like that.

but it doesnt do any good if the HTT craps out.

i saw one guy onnew egg claim to get 320 HTT

what about you guys ?

i dont really feel like paying 90+ bucks for a mini atx board when i get get an open box ultra-d from newegg for 66

but i am getting another qpack case so i need a good board.

these boards were not made to overclock

they will overclock, but everyone's results will vary

the Lanparty series are teh only boards that are made for hardcore overclockers.

the Infinity boards will all overclock, some as well as the Lanparty boards, but you shouldn't expect them to.

Besides, you should never expect to do much of anything with an mATX board other than put it in a 'cube' or use as an HTPC

I've had an RS482 in my MicroFly (Q-Pack wannabe) for several months now. I can say it's much less finicky about memory, settings, etc. than my LANParty - but it's an easier install and just as stable. Mind you, I haven't tried overclocking on it either, so can't really speak too much about it.

PM