DFI RS482 anyone ever had one ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=106627 I can probably go higher, but i want to get better cooling first; Vcore at 1.475, and that score is prime stable 8+ hours. I had an MSI 200 express board before, and it had some media playback issues. with my x800 gto my games look great and my avi and divx files are simply amazing. i had know idea my mobo played such a big role in this regard. The opteron 165 has really put some speeed into everything I do, and I have yet to experience some of the random reboot issues some have experienced with certain PSUs, such as the Liberty enermax's. I have upped the NB link voltage and temps are ok, I am running vdimm at 2.7v on Gskill ddr400 2x512mb@1t 2.5,3,3,8 with a 3/2 divider. My Vcore is at 1.4 currently and I lowered my clock down to 280 x9@2510mhz to help keep temps down as the ambient temps are really high right now. I am looking into a watercooling setup. Overall I couldn't be happier. I posted a review here for my particualr setup http://z2.invisionfree.com/emachineupgrade...?showtopic=4339 .

Is there any fix to the sluggish usb performance? I love this motherboard but I have a usb wireless g device. I also have a logitech g7. When gaming or d/l files off usenet my g7 gets "choppy". This definately is a problem with the board and not the first time ive heard of it happening. I really love my g7, but I can play any online games with this happening and I dont have room for a pci wireless card.

I have read so much bad PR on ATI's sb400/450 usb performance but i use alot of USB devices and I go back and forth from nforce4 chipsets and Via and i just don't see the performance issue. Thats not to say performance with wireless usb devices does not experience some slowdown but that could be driver related or hardware conflicts. I would contact Logitech and see what there take is on ATI's southbridge in relation to their wireless products. I use a logitech mx518 gaming mouse and though its not wireless its performance in games is spot on and it is usb 2.0, and my HP psc1350 usb printer works great to. I also use a external usb hardrive for backup and it works fast.

Honestly, I have an external IDE HD (USB2) and several 512/1GB USB Drives and dont like to use the wireless network to transfer files... I do not notice slow USB performance.

If USB speed is at the top of your worry list with this board, id cross it out.

My 7900GT is being RMA'd and am using the onboard. With the CD-Drivers and ATI Tool_0.25b14 I can overclock it (onboard vga) from 300mhz to 510mhz on the core. Just another great feature on this micro do it all overclocking micro-atx board. I can play WC3 (dota) fine. :)

Here is a pretty good review of the board and OC/ing features. Only features I miss or would like to have are Sata II and Cmos reloaded.

OC King of Multi-media integrated motherboard - DFI RS482 Infinity (xtremesystem)