Value RAM vs. Non-Value RAM

I am not an overclocker but it my poor state I bought some cheap value RAM. I have had to over volt it to get it to work and it has been stable for over a year. However, I have a question.

What should I expect if I upgrade to some real nice RAM over my value RAM? I'm not real into all the timings and stuff but I am willing to learn (I've read alot of the tutorials here on the streets).

My main concern, playing my BF2 (just being honest). Thanks ya'll!

Chuckamazuk

well, even 2.5-3-3-8 --> 2-2-2-0/5 wont really give you any difference in BF2...

if you get more ram, like 2gb, or just OC your cpu and memory to higher MHZ, then you'll see a diff, ofcourse a better ram will OC better...

but again, for that you need to OC the ram with the cpu or you wont really see much of a difference, and more then that, the cpu is the main "speed upper" so you can just use your current ram and use dividors...

my cheap ram has caused me to hit a wall @ 2.5 with my oc

it is the kingston value ram and to get another 500 mghz out of my cpu w/ it was a nice feat for me..although it works, i am looking into some ddr500 or whatever.....need a 2 gig kit these days.....rofl.....i still have a 486 that still runs, along with the rbg monitor for it (that works)

The biggest improvement will be going to 2x1GB. Other then a video card that will do more for your gaming experience then anything else.

hmm, ya probably, though i wouldnt... if you can hold on to your horses for now, just wait a bit... this is the end of the era of the 7900 and 1900 cards, new ones will be out soon, and their prices will drop, not to mention vista and DX10...

to be honest, i wouldnt upgrade anything in your comp in the next couple of months unless you really must... its a bit of a changing point in computers, and i know that it happens all the time, but this is really the end of a long period, and a new period is starting soon...

just to let you know...

(and for games, a better GFX is what you need.)

Meaning if you upgrade to some quality PC4000 2x1GB ram your gameplay experience will be better even if you don't overclock it. I would go with the ram before the video card.

in my experience, value ram performs just as well as regular ram at stock settings. oc'ing is where the difference is. i work off of 1gb corsair value select here at work doing graphic design and its worked flawless with a slight overclock. which is awesome for the price!

so id say (and it appears others too) look forward to more flexibitily with your oc'ing

Thanks for all the input ya'll. Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

there's no need to upgrade your ram in less you go 2x1 gig sticks. Video cards are the best money spent.

my cheap ram has caused me to hit a wall @ 2.5 with my oc

it is the kingston value ram and to get another 500 mghz out of my cpu w/ it was a nice feat for me..although it works, i am looking into some ddr500 or whatever.....need a 2 gig kit these days.....rofl.....i still have a 486 that still runs, along with the rbg monitor for it (that works)

Sorry my friend but ran will not cause you to hit a wall. In less your trying to use 1:1 that's what dividers are for. CPU MHz is king make your memory work around your CPU not your CPU working around your memory

there's no need to upgrade your ram in less you go 2x1 gig sticks. Video cards are the best money spent.

That's the point I was trying to make.

The biggest improvement will be going to 2x1GB.