New Bios Mod DFI Expert

Wil the Mushkin Redline XP4000 take advantage of you're bios Merlin...anybody?

Here wevspot posted this in the Mushkin Redlines thread..Infineon HYB25D512800CE-6 IC's......Will this Bios take advantage of this chip?

Hey man!

Yes, flash your bios with merlin's bios, you got CE-6 chips, like me, and they are taking 300mhz actually @ 3-3-2-6 and 2.7v!

Just copy these following settings, and try to o/c your ram!

Command Per Clock Enable

TCL-3.0

TRCD-03

TRAS-06

TRP-2

TRC-7

tRFC-13

TRRD-02

tWR-02

tWTR-01

TRWT-03

tREF-4708

tWCL-01

DRAM Bank Interleave-enabled

DQS Skew Control - auto

DQS Skew Value- 0

DRAM Drive Strength - Level 7

DRAM Data Drive Strength - Level 3

Max Async Latency- 8ns

DRAM Response Time - Normal

Read preamble Time- 5ns

Idle Cycle Limit- 00clks

Dyanamic Counter - Enable

r/w Queue bypass: 16X

Bypass Max - 07X

32 Byte Granularity - Auto

And in the expert, set the ram voltage to 2.74, it should be 2.68v real.

Try it, and good luck ;)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man I appreciate it! I actually have had Merlins Bios installed for some time now just don't have that ram yet! My 2 gig kit in my sig seems too not like anything past 2750 mhz on the 180 divider which is kinda ghetto because I miss my extra bandwidth on the 166 divider that I was enjoying so much!

Can you take you're redlines past 2750 mhz on the 180 divider? I saw a guys O.C database entry using that 2 gig kit 2nd I think he had 298mhz on the 180 divider with his Redlines.

Thanks man I appreciate it! I actually have had Merlins Bios installed for some time now just don't have that ram yet! My 2 gig kit in my sig seems too not like anything past 2750 mhz on the 180 divider which is kinda ghetto because I miss my extra bandwidth on the 166 divider that I was enjoying so much!

Can you take you're redlines past 2750 mhz on the 180 divider? I saw a guys O.C database entry using that 2 gig kit 2nd I think he had 298mhz on the 180 divider with his Redlines.

Sorry, but i'm not a super-uber-pro in english i can't understand all...

(french guy insiiide.... :O)

So, i don't got the redlines, (OcZ platinum Eb) but there are the same chips, i have reached 9*300 1:1 with these at 3-3-2-6...

Is it that, you want to hear?

ok has anyone tried a reinstall of windows when using merlins bios, as i managed to reinstall windows on to my new hdd using 406 then went to merlins got my stable o/c, then i thought id try reinstalling windows on my old hdd and its very error happy even though i stepped down my fsb by about 10 just to be on the safe side whilst installing windows. Am i overlooking some default settings in merlins that need to be changed apart from the ones regarding raid.

Thanks

Edd

Clear youre cmos and format with stock stable values if you are having those kinds of problems. Memtest first though! Leave the eratta 124 on auto at all times too.

Note: I have reformatted a bunch of times with this bios and never had a issue! Are you on his new bios or the one I am using?

the one you are using

used the new one today made sure eratta 94 and 123 or whatever were both on auto. went back to basics and did a minimal build and its sorted, am currently running @ 300MHz and yet again it seems to be stable, ive done 4 hrs of prime and will give it the full 8 tomorrow when i have time and our guests have gone.

ATTN: For those of you that wish to try this Bios heres a post that I just made in the 3ghz Club House !

Brother Esau

Grateful Dead Head

@CharmedLover84......Er,umm .....Excuse me you're Highness I mean God.. but what motherboard do you have and what bios are you running?

Thea reason I ask is I originally had this chip in a rig I am selling and is also an Expert build with stock 4/6/2006 Bios and I noticed that even with a very low divider on that bios trying to find my max cpu speed for the life of me I could not get past 2820mhz no matter what! But since I put it in my rig with -=Merlin=- 10/7/2006 Bios well you see that I have been clocking this chip now for 4 days and I am past where you are at with my O.C in 4 days (full time) not trying to upstage you bro I don't believe in that foolishness by any means but......Might I suggest you try a different bios perhaps! Just a suggestion thats all. Merlins bios took me from the stale mate 2820mhz too my current clock and to......... Infinity and beyond....Ya...Mule...Ya....LOL:nod:

PC Power & Cooling 750w

DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert -=Merlin=- 10/7/06

Operton 170 CCBBE 0615DPMW ~ 2.85ghz @1.375v + 104% ...Testing... 2.96ghz....Looks Good guys!

OCZ 2X1024 DDR500 ELGEGXT-K 3-4-3-8 @ 2.71v

ATI XT1950 XTX @ 695/1098

Creative XFI Platinum

2-250gb Hitachi Deskstar Sata 2 ~ Raid 0

2-250gb Hitachi Deskstar Sata 2 ~ Raid 1 {No O.S}

250gb Hitachi Deskstar Ultra ATA 133

160gb Hitachi Deskstar Ultra ATA 100

Plextor 750A

Plextor 230A

Mitsumi Floppy

NEC 70 GX2

Saitek Eclipse

Razer Diamondback

OPTI-UPS 1500c 1480vac/ 980w

Brother Esau is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, first of all nice to find you here!Great job from everyone!

I just need some help, can someone post the right clocks with merlin's bios?Is this the best one for tccd+expert?

I have a DFI expert and geil one ddr600 memory.I flashed Merlin's bios but no great gain! :sad:

Please, if someone has geil one tccd(or generally similar memory)+expert+merlin bios, please post all the timings and settings!!!THanks a lot!!!

Currently have the lanparty sli-dr bios shows date 06/23/2005... Problem is im getting the odd anoying crackle with my XFI soundcard and apparantly the creative devs are spouting crap that we should update our bios's. Though is it worth updating the bios even if everything else works?

Overclock is good , its stable , everything works as it should bar the odd crackle from the xfi soundcard and its an old bios.