NF4 ultra, will not post.

w00t, it boots. On the first boot I loaded optimum settings, and on the second I set memtest to run, working on that right now 1 module at a time. Thanks for all the help wevspot and tasr, I'll post back with more results later.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad to hear that Vaclov. Did you end up RMA'n your original motherboard?

Hey everyone produces a fluke now and then.

I'm never ceased to be amazed by my "lowly" LanParty Ultra-D. This past weekend I swapped out my 3700 Sandy for a X2 4800, a few tweaks to the BIOS, voltage and memory settings and I'm flying away. Same OS install, just updated the processor drivers and installed the dual core optimizer. New processor is already running at 2.60ghz and memory is scaled 1:1 and running at 520mhz effective (just like my Sandy). Man I love my Ultra-D!

Almost the same problem, but with an SLI-DR.

Everything perfect, until put back in case...ever since 4 led...no beeps...tried everything listed above 3 times..RMA'd it to DFI, cause Newegg don't take RMA on this board at ALL.

To me that would indicate a short between the board and the case somewhere. One place I see this repeatedly is between after-market CPU heatsink fans where the screw heads will short out on the backside of the motherboard and the motherboard tray.

Hopefully your RMA will process quickly.

Cheers.

Water-cooled... I'm 99.9% sure no short "If any" from water fittings..but a short would answer both mine and the gent that started this thread?

Any idea on turnaround from DFI?

No RMA status site offered from DFI? If it wasn't for DFI-Street, I wouldn't know where to RMA..RMA info buried deep at DFI.

Donna seems like a nice person voice/email....hope it's not going to be a nightmare

Water-cooled... I'm 99.9% sure no short "If any" from water fittings..but a short would answer both mine and the gent that started this thread?

Any idea on turnaround from DFI?

Donna seems like a nice person voice/email....hope it's not going to be a nightmare

Yes, a short between the motherboard and case could explain both circumstances.

Turn around time will vary depending on location, shipping time, choice of shipper and complexity of repair or replacement.

I've heard nothing but good about Donna. I'm sure she'll get you taken care of just fine. I'd give the RMA 14 days from door to door and if you haven't heard back from anyone I'd contact Donna again.