Drooling Over Trucks

bigred

this is my next truck, but what do you guys think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. this is my next truck, but what do you guys think?

• expidition
    • 2005 bronco

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The older jeeps arent that bad. My dad used to have a 83 jeep cherokee ( the last of the full size jeeps :( ). It had a 360 in it we used it to pull our old 24ft trailer It work quite well execpt for the trailer being more than twice the length of the jeep. ( sway bars were needed). But in the winter we would go around and pull out suv's, trucks, cars, My neighbors tractor once B). Its just the newer jeeps that arent tha great.

true, but the wrangler has been a POS for close to 25 yrs now. they lack the power and torque to do very well on trails and in the mud. something about the total drive train on them bothers me a lot.

the joke goes: get a quad stuck call a jeep, get a jeep stuck call full size, get a full size stuck call a bulldozer, get the bulldozer stuck... give up.

I probably pull 3-4 jeeps out everytime I'm on the trails... get invited to go with the jeep clubs to pull them out from time to time. but the best extraction of a vehicle was the yukon and a small camper they were towing. clowns decided to try to drive thru a flooded part of the trail to setup camp on the other side. needless to say they hit 3' of water before realizing they were going no where. backed into the water, hooked up the straps and dragged both the truck and trailer out.

no argument. but unfortunately I can't get it in 4x4 (or 6x6 on that one) with a pickup bed :) otherwise I'd want one of those

this is close but still no 4x4 rv_truck016011.jpg

Edited by bigred

just a regular cdl :( nothing larger than the F650 unfortunately. though I have driven a tractor trailer on private property before... such a feeling of POWER. I don't understand how anyone could fall asleep while driving something that's so much fun to drive B)

Old jeeps = good. Im getting the Jeep Wagonier. That thing is built like a tank ill tell yah. Its all steel. The hood is at least an 8th inch thick. Best off all its got a snowplow ill be able to plow for a few bucks in the winter.

old plow truck = tons of drivetrain problems. I'd be careful doing tht general. my brother made that same mistake with his first truck. he's gone through an engine, trans, tcase, and diffs in less than a year. it was all sitting on death's doorstep when he got it. it was also a 96 ford f150 with 45k miles on it... really sad that it was that banged up.