** Item Verification ** Rule(26) Requirement

THunDA

Great Idea on the "Item Verification"

What are the most recommended references to list? I've done most of my selling on eBay but haven't really gotten into selling on web forums.

ebay normally doesn't mean diddly squat to any of us

Heatware is the best reference for online trading

but even better than that?

List the users here in this forum that you've successfully traded with (and it was a good trade lol)

is it possible to integrate a feedback system here? i belong to another forum, non computer related and they have a nice feedback system where it posts under your username your feedback in a number or... a negative number.

is it possible to integrate a feedback system here? i belong to another forum, non computer related and they have a nice feedback system where it posts under your username your feedback in a number or... a negative number.

we typically refer to heatware as our #1 feedback source (no sense in trying to do it better than they've done it for years)

as i mentioned in my previous post, the only thing better than heatware is to have a trader give you 3-5 persons in the forum you are trading with references of trades he's made, and then asking those 3-5 persons how the trade went....or better, using a trader's heatware to send message to guys who have left feedback for him (that way he can't pick-and-choose friends to give you as references etc)

the most important rule is always BE AWARE OF WHO YOU ARE TRADING WITH.

When I trade, it's always telephone #, work #, home address, etc. If it's a small trade ($50 or less), I just tend to be ok with not worrying much as long as the dude gives me his real name, address, telephone, etc.

More than $50, I'm now going to call him once at home randomly to see if he lives there, and once at work randomly to see if he works there, as well as ping a couple of his Heatware references to see what they have to say about the dude's trading habits.

Always be careful. The Internet is a scary place full of scary-bad dudes. However there are a heck of a lot of good, honest people that you can do business with.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest LookBackX2
the most important rule is always BE AWARE OF WHO YOU ARE TRADING WITH.

When I trade, it's always telephone #, work #, home address, etc. If it's a small trade ($50 or less), I just tend to be ok with not worrying much as long as the dude gives me his real name, address, telephone, etc.

More than $50, I'm now going to call him once at home randomly to see if he lives there, and once at work randomly to see if he works there, as well as ping a couple of his Heatware references to see what they have to say about the dude's trading habits.

Always be careful. The Internet is a scary place full of scary-bad dudes. However there are a heck of a lot of good, honest people that you can do business with.

Thanks for laying that out for us. It is accepted in non-internet/trade business as the norm, but on forums people are secretive. Now I don't have to be gun shy about requesting that stuff. The boss-man told me so.

p.s. As soon as I complete a current trade, I am WC'ing and going back to the cfx3200 lying there. When that is assembled and loaded, maybe before, I'm going to be liquidating my 939 based stock pile.

Look for my FS/FT/WTB thread coming soon.

• 3 months later...

I tried to post pics of all the stuff I'm selling and was limited to how many pics I could add.

Maybe there should be an item limit as well or loosen the rule for the "For Sale" Thread

Maybe for items over a certain value would be good too.

Let's say your selling an $8 face plate for a cd-rom do you really need a pic.

There is a limit on how many images per post you submit...just start another post under the 1st one to finish the pics...

Thats why you see some traders reserve the 1st 4 post in their for sale thread...for images..:)