WTF HAPPENED TO OUR FORUM??? (heh..read this before you ask/complain/g

Angry_Games

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok

the search index should work just fine

I realized that it wasn't working properly last night when I tried to search for a thread I know damn well I created myself...and I spent almost 10 minutes searching for it to no avail.

so

I finally went and did the proper indexing maintenance that should have been done after the forum upgrade.

Everything should work proper now on that front...

the themes however will still be screwed up if they were screwed up before...nothing I can do about this at the moment other than tell you I know it and be patient.

Any other changes besides the indexing? I was at nindeals.com.au today, and they got a nifty little feature; it's a dropdown menu underneath your avatar that shows your system specs, which might be more efficient than sigs. They use vBulletin as well, just thought you might wanna check that out.

Edit;

Took a screenie

Specs.jpg

Any other changes besides the indexing? I was at nindeals.com.au today, and they got a nifty little feature; it's a dropdown menu underneath your avatar that shows your system specs, which might be more efficient than sigs. They use vBulletin as well, just thought you might wanna check that out.

More efficient for those not asking for help perhaps...but its easier to help people when the specs are right in front of you. (for me anways)

More efficient for those not asking for help perhaps...but its easier to help people when the specs are right in front of you. (for me anways)

yep we will stick with the current system of FORCING you to list your specs

if you can't be bothered to read the rules twice in a row before posting like the forum now forces you to do, then you don't need our help.

I see your guys' points, it was just an idea. Still is a pretty nifty feature and might have some other uses, besides specs. Maybe a favorite threads/posts/websites list. I don't mind the "old" system at all.

I saw that message pop up and i like it. One of my favorite sayings now is "The only problem with common sense, is that its not so common" so this should finally drill into peoples heads that its not hard to abide by the rules, and this place will be a lot better by doing so. Hopefully it will prevent people trying to help from having to say "please post your system specs so we can get a better idea on what is going on." Its 1 more step to post something, but its for a greater good.

Thanks for all your hard work H_G :D

well the rules will reset every 48 hours so it will be annoying for those of us who have followed the rules and posted hundreds of times...

but

it will hopefully keep people from being lazy

because the mods are instructed now to simply ban for 7 days a user who doesn't follow the rules as we can't babysit/handhold everyone anymore.

Besides, you insult us by ignoring the rules TWICE (you have to read and agree to them when you sign up, and then again when you first post in particular sections).

If you are going to insult us, you deserve a 7 day vacation to think about not being so lazy anymore.