Best bios

Hi guys

I still have the 711 bios on my setup i saw the new c19bios does it have the updates from previous bioses and will it work well with my san diego.

I just had like this same question for Nforce3 users, and it was moved to http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57376 where no one has viewed it since.

So far, teh C19 is a piece of garbage, but I flashed the same day i rebuilt my whole system, so I am not sure if I am the only one who has stability issues with it. I am gonna go back to the 602 since I never had any problems with it, and never saw anyone else overclock very well on this board.

C19 worked well for me with an Opteron 150 and a San Diego 3700...

thx for the replies guys on the 711 bios i have cpu vid control at default cpu voltage adjusting at +0.4v cpu voltage is 1.62 for my oce how will i have to set this in the c19.And is it more stable with a san diego 3700.

thx for the replies guys on the 711 bios i have cpu vid control at default cpu voltage adjusting at +0.4v cpu voltage is 1.62 for my oce how will i have to set this in the c19.And is it more stable with a san diego 3700.

Total voltage amount shouldn't change. Can't remember if it went to percentages or if it's still using +.xx for adjustments. Been a long time since I've had the NF3 UD assembled (now that I have another s939 cpu I'll be puttin it back together). You WILL have issues with SATA unless you are extremely lucky. I believe that's covered in the "tips and tweaks"...Just a pain in the butt in my opinion so I only run PATA. Going that route saves so much nonsense. I know it's not an option for someone who already has SATA drives but it makes the board more enjoyable (instead of a bunch of jumping through hoops).

If you're stable now you may want to avoid making the change. Not gonna net you anything more as far as an OC goes and you're gonna have to tweak a few things here and there. I wouldn't bother unless you really really like self inflicted torture ;)

C19 works fine for opteron and Sandy cores. I had at one time a 3700 that ran 2750 without a problem on C19. Opteron was even better, check my sig :nod: . Venice cores are another story. I have spent countless hours with C19 and venice, and I gave up . . . and I don't usually give up easily! My best stable OC with a venice were with BIOS 705, and 711 a close second.

Just be aware the voltage adjust bios option is no longer available on C19. The board still undervolts vcore like crazy. I think there is a resistor mod or something for this, but I couldn't be bothered as I use a multimeter and measure vcore right off the chip.

I have been using C19 since my initial build without any issues. (After having problems with the other BIOS versions.)

I am running a 240 MHZ OC with a 10X multi on my 3800+ X2 and it's completely stable. I had issues with running SATA RAID but the C19 BIOS allows me to delay the boot 3 seconds, which helps with the timing issues. I am also running an old PATA drive which may be helping with the delay issues.

Overall, I am happy with the C19 BIOS so far.

Mark

I can't run the C19 with my OCZ PC4000 for some reason or another. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreens and constant hardware lockups in windows, errors in memtest.

I went over many settings, just can't use the C19 for my rig.

Hi,

I am reading this thread with interest since I have been having difficulty with the C19 bios.

I have installed the C19 bios 4 times, using different bios flashing methods. Each time the bios was flashed successfully. I did always clear the CMOS, and set optimised settings, both before and after the flashing.

But the computer would not boot into windows. Every time there was a blue screen, giving mostly different reasons for appearing.

So reluctantly I had to go back to the 711 bios, which has been rock solid and reliable for nearly one year.

The reason I want to flash the bios is because I want to upgrade my CPU to, possibly, the X2 4800+.

Can anyone tell me whether there are any settings I can make in the C19 bios immediately after flashing (and optimising), so that the computer may boot into windows XP. One characteristic of the C19 bios was that it set the RAM at 1T. My computer has never been able to run at 1T, so I changed the bios to 2T. But it still did not enable WinXP to run. Perhaps there may be one or two other settings I need to make?

Many thanks

roystont5038.