OCZ GameXStream 600w not working?

Hi,

my new PSU just arrived back from OCZ RMA, I've plugged all the cables to my motherbaord, but when I switch it on, fans start to flow for some seconds then all turn off...what can it be? :confused:

removing video card, start to spin without problems :(

moving video card from pci-e 2 to pci-e 1 make it go some seconds more, till when 4 lights on mobo light up, then all goes off :(

what the hell...

I did the cmos clear (but I was only replacing the PSU, not other part of hw) but nothing.

It seems that the culprit is the VGA, since I could managed to get the OCZ keeps working till the motherboard stopped with 2 out of 4 lights on....

it's strange, since the VGA requires power with an adapter like this:

pcie_dual.jpg

plugged into this connector:

imageview.php?image=4343

I don't know if it can work plugging directly a PCI-E input from the OCZ and not 2 molex into the adapter and then on the board but it seems so reading here:

Since the equivalent of two cards is packed onto just a single card, the GV-3D1 requires far more power than a PCIe x16 slot can deliver. At the rear end the card, you'll find a 6-pin Molex power connector to satisfy the needs of the GV-3D1. Very few power supplies at the moment have a matching 6-pin Molex connector, so Gigabyte supplies a power adapter that will accept standard 4-pin Molex power connections. With this adaptor, the GV-3D1 requires two 4-pin Molex connectors. A well-built power supply of 400W rating (such as the AcBel 400W we were using) is more than adequate to power both the system and this graphics card.

what you think?

anyway, swapping the 2 molex connected to the adapter I managed to found 2 with which the system boot till stopping at the 2 lights....while with the PCI-E inputs, I tried both with no boot

I did the cmos clear (but I was only replacing the PSU, not other part of hw) but nothing.

It seems that the culprit is the VGA, since I could managed to get the OCZ keeps working till the motherboard stopped with 2 out of 4 lights on....

it's strange, since the VGA requires power with an adapter like this:

plugged into this connector:

I don't know if it can work plugging directly a PCI-E input from the OCZ and not 2 molex into the adapter and then on the board but it seems so reading here:

what you think?

anyway, swapping the 2 molex connected to the adapter I managed to found 2 with which the system boot till stopping at the 2 lights....while with the PCI-E inputs, I tried both with no boot

You shouldn't need any adapter on the OCZ GameXStream, since it already has two 6-pin connectors for PCI-E on two separate rails.

It could be you simply overloaded one rail when using the adapter, which maybe prevented the PSU to balance the rails.

Plug in the PCI-E 6-pin from the PSU straight to the VGA card.

What does the Amber LED below the PCI slots show?

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

ok with further tries I found that if:

24P + CPU1 + PCI-E + 4 pin Molex + 4 pin floppy are connected = PSU powers up and spin, DFI stays on 4 leds on

whenever I add a power connector to one of my HDD (4 pin Molex or SATA power connector) then the PSU powers off just 1-2 seconds after being on...

I've also contacted OCZ... :(