Windows Boot-Up

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried and no luck some settings that we couldn't find or didn't match are:

CPU Throttling? (we turned off CPU Thermal Throttling if that was it?)

"I usually set hard drive delay to 2 seconds in order to give them time to spin up before the bios tries to read them. Especially good for some PATA drives but I use on all." HDD timing thing we couldn't find...

"32 Byte Granularity = Disable 8 Bursts." it didn't have 8 bursts, only options were:

-Disable 4 bursts

-Enable 2 Bursts

-Auto

and we picked Disable 4

Odd Divisor Correct: Disable <--this wasn't on the list so we left it as default

just found out this was supposed to have "a14. 05" but it only has enable and disable...

Progress...maybe? We see windows load for a split second and than restart. No more split second blue screen...yay? lol

allright guys No more of the me to posts start a new thread or just follow the directions and you need a better PSU too en0tlaid not enogh volts on the 12 volt line.

Step one get memtest stable for 8 hers dont change things unless you are not memtest stable. Keep at stock cpu speed. Install/ reinstall windows if you installed windows with a borked system the operating system is going to be borked too. Keep at stock CPU speeds.

Test for prime before installing windoes if you keep the poor PSU's.

This is not some odd unexpected problems it happens over and ove again. the fix is strait forward and dont try to make it more complex unless you need to.

PSU

Memtest

Prime

Windows.

Windows is not going to install if you are having errors with memory or CPU errors. The video card wont like it either if you are not giving it juce.

You might be abole to load windows without a good PSU but you may stillbe unstable.

We don't really have the resources to purchase a new PSU at the moment, since your recommended one is around $134 lol

I'm gonna try the other options and run a memtest86 and prime95 and than look for another windows xp cd. I'm not too sure on how to use prime95 since I downloaded it and it requires me to boot to windows to run?

lmao....while browsing the forums I found RGone saying,

"I think we have a lot of young users buying off the credit card and getting two very important things wrong. Cheap Value Ram and marginal power supplies."

Describes us perfectly... -_-; wish I read more into the forums before I bought the parts.

same here im gonna ren meme test for the full 8 horus like u said

then if i still cant get it to load, ill be going to get :

Thermaltake Toughpower 700W ATX12V 24PIN SLI/CROSSFIRE Ready ATX Power Supply 140MM Fan Active PFC

:)

u think that supply will suit my rig better ----> ?

We don't really have the resources to purchase a new PSU at the moment, since your recommended one is around $134 lol

I'm gonna try the other options and run a memtest86 and prime95 and than look for another windows xp cd. I'm not too sure on how to use prime95 since I downloaded it and it requires me to boot to windows to run?

lmao....while browsing the forums I found RGone saying,

"I think we have a lot of young users buying off the credit card and getting two very important things wrong. Cheap Value Ram and marginal power supplies."

Describes us perfectly... -_-; wish I read more into the forums before I bought the parts.

faustcard - there are at least three power supplies at the Egg starting as low as $79.99 that would suit your needs. Fortron, Antec and TT make psu's with at least 480w and good amperage on the 12v rail. They range in price from $79.79 to $89.99 + shipping. All of them are native 24-pin and meet the minimum requirements for an NF4 board.

Give them a look, you can always eBay your Antec 450.

same here im gonna ren meme test for the full 8 horus like u said

then if i still cant get it to load, ill be going to get :

Thermaltake Toughpower 700W ATX12V 24PIN SLI/CROSSFIRE Ready ATX Power Supply 140MM Fan Active PFC

:)

u think that supply will suit my rig better ----> ?

en0tlaid, Smokin Joe politely asked you to stop the Me Too thread jacking. Please start your own thread, or better yet, head back to the thread you've already got going about your boot issues and update your posts there.

Thank you.

Since you're only running one single stick of the value select RAM, it shouldn't be too hard to figure the timings out on that.

If I were in your shoes I'd take care of my PSU situation first and then tackle the RAM when you can.