New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Booster, Your OCZ pc2-6400 Gold GX XTC, is that the same as my PC2-6400 GOLD EL XTC? or very different? Am curious, as perhaps some of your memory findings are applicable to myne.

Edit: Just Double checked the part number: myne seems the same as yours: OCZ2G8002GK

Further EDIT: Apparently, it was amistake onthe site I ordered from.. these modules of Myne are Not EL.. I looked at so much memory though... Doesn't surprise me I missed that. Perhaps some of your hard won wisdom will help me once I slay the Ratio Demon.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't be different at all seeing how OCZ Tony and others say on their support forums that the PC6400 old style heatspreader Platinum and new Platinum with the new XTC ones are really the same ram but with different heatspreaders.

Hi everybody!

My first post in these thread, hope I can give my contribute... :)

I'm testing the configuration in sign... so far I can run a double Prime95 for 7 hours at 3119 (208x15) with 1.525V set by bios and async memory (I'm looking for the highest CPU limit). Now testing 3150 (210x15) @ 1.537V.

What can I say so far... this mobo is really great!!!

I come from an Asus M2N SLi Deluxe: to reach 3GHz I must set a heavy overvolt. With this DFI, 200x15 at default Vcore!!

Just one question: any suggestion on the max Vcore to set?

Thanks!

Baio

Hi everybody!

My first post in these thread, hope I can give my contribute... :)

I'm testing the configuration in sign... so far I can run a double Prime95 for 7 hours at 3119 (208x15) with 1.525V set by bios and async memory (I'm looking for the highest CPU limit). Now testing 3150 (210x15) @ 1.537V.

What can I say so far... this mobo is really great!!!

I come from an Asus M2N SLi Deluxe: to reach 3GHz I must set a heavy overvolt. With this DFI, 200x15 at default Vcore!!

Just one question: any suggestion on the max Vcore to set?

Thanks!

Baio

Very nice to see someone satisfied with their M2R/G. Since you have watercooling i say dont go over 1.6V. I think you just might be able to reach 3.2GHZ....maybe

Very nice to see someone satisfied with their M2R/G. Since you have watercooling i say dont go over 1.6V. I think you just might be able to reach 3.2GHZ....maybe

Thanks! :) Hope I'll reach those 3.2GHz...

By now I'm having problems with Vcore... If I raise it over 1.543V, during a double Prime95 the pc turns off. :(

Very strange, I've never experienced such a thing before in overclocking... does anyone have an idea of why it happens?

Certainly it's not the bios temperature shutdown, as I set it at 90 and never reached 60 under stress...I can't really think about any cause... maybe a bios bug?

Baio

Thanks! :) Hope I'll reach those 3.2GHz...

By now I'm having problems with Vcore... If I raise it over 1.543V, during a double Prime95 the pc turns off. :(

Very strange, I've never experienced such a thing before in overclocking... does anyone have an idea of why it happens?

Certainly it's not the bios temperature shutdown, as I set it at 90 and never reached 60 under stress...I can't really think about any cause... maybe a bios bug?

Baio

Hmm... Your P/S, does it have the full 8pin EPS12v connector? aslo, how many 12v rails, and at what amperage? Are you watching your voltages as you run at these settings? If so, do they seem to wobble any more then normal on the 12v line?

Usually instability is going to be Power or Temp... So I am curious if it could be power... (Mainly cause I am unfamiliar with that brand of PSU, and it's voltage regulation as you start sucking greedily from certain lines :) )

Booster: It seems since I am locked out of using certain Ratios, to go above 2620, I have to drop to 200/400... Have you played with lower latencies at Lower speeds with the OCZ2G8002GK? I mean if I have to settle for around 600mhz, 4-4-4-12 T1 might be nice :)

Sweet my thanks.. I am at 280 x 10... and I ran Orthos.. died after 7.5 hours... For me, thats fine.. and Until I mod or get rid of my tempest.. I think it is as far as I go... I'm hitting like 65c leaving orthos going like that. Not too worried, but if I want to hit higher voltages for a higher clock, for higher memory.. I am going to have to get something better.

I ripped out the fan mounting bracket from the tempest as it was restricting airflow... ziptied the fan down to the heatsink, and so far my temps are down a couple degrees... It was amazing the amount of air that was being retarded by the mounting bracket.. Sigh... and the turbulence inflicted on my airstream... I can only imagine the inefficiencies. Nice look OCZ, but the cooler is not the greatest, esp considering the price.

------

An Aside: I am considering utilizing the heatsink alone, and mounting a 120mm Fan... Not sure though, as I am not particualrily fond of where the H/S sits in the case.. But I think I can do something with it. Perhaps, I may end up replacing it outright.. Hard to say.

Just tried it out lowered the ram divider to 266 and change the timings to 4-4-4-12-19 T1. Did one pass of memtest error free and booted into windows with no problem. Ran everest memory read bench and it was 600MB/s lower compared to divider 333 with 5-5-5-15-23 T2 which is around 8600.

As for gaming or others I didn't try yet.

Hmm.. what speeds (Effective) did the ram come out to at the 2 ratios? Until i figure out, or Someone figures out a way around the ratio issue.. I may be stuck at a lower Mem speed. So I'll have to make the best of it for now...

Hmm.. maybe I go down to a lower multiplier and throw the HTT up like crazy.. 350 x 8... But then I am pushing the HTT a bit high, so I guess I'll wait and see. CPUs do like being burnt in for a while.