Sign in to follow this  
mfurse

New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Got my AM2 mounting bracket on the way for my Freezone CPU cooler...Now all I have to do is decide on a CPU. I'm leaning towards an Opteron 1212. Hoping for a price drop here and there over the next 2 weeks so I can get it all on order when I get back from vacation (Lake Tahoe for a week woo hoo)...My luck it will all go up not down :D

try one of the X2's...I've got a 3800+ and a 4800+ that are both quite fantastic (and relatively cheap)

I figured to go the guinea pig route...you know, be the first on the block to pull my hair out by going with an unsupported piece of hardware...

Really depends on what prices are when I go to pull the trigger in two weeks...I'm not real patient and two weeks for me is an eternity :P

im thinking of getting the optys 2..i say buy it and tell me if its good xD

btw...hi im new here

edit:

try one of the X2's...I've got a 3800+ and a 4800+ that are both quite fantastic (and relatively cheap)

where did you get the 4800+? or did u get it b4 the cut/is it cheaper now than the opty 1214?

Hmm no template to put in OCDB so heres what I have so far.

2860MHz 14+ hour Orthos

I think this is the max this cpu can go, I was able to boot into windows at 2.9 but it would just error out in Orthos past 1.6v, I also tried raising the bus higher with a lower multi and I couldn't do that either, I might be forgetting sometime maybe voltage to the NB and HT link?

Anyways happy with what I have, now to figure out how to OC my x1900xt :D and tweak memory timings too.

im thinking of getting the optys 2..i say buy it and tell me if its good xD

btw...hi im new here

edit:

where did you get the 4800+? or did u get it b4 the cut/is it cheaper now than the opty 1214?

i get all of my AMD cpu's directly from AMD (unlike Intel, who won't supply us with a single cpu, AMD brings us tray after tray of cpu's)

Hmm no template to put in OCDB so heres what I have so far.

2860MHz 14+ hour Orthos

I think this is the max this cpu can go, I was able to boot into windows at 2.9 but it would just error out in Orthos past 1.6v, I also tried raising the bus higher with a lower multi and I couldn't do that either, I might be forgetting sometime maybe voltage to the NB and HT link?

Anyways happy with what I have, now to figure out how to OC my x1900xt :D and tweak memory timings too.

I will be making the NF590 SLI-MR2/G template hopefully this week/weekend, as i have a couple of entries to put in myself

Is it me or does dfi put out boards late and always have so many major incompatabilities.it seems they would at least have working boards for the most part and have some issues,thats expected.but to have boards that are pretty much useless to use on initial release is very concerning.i was waiting for the release of this board and was hoping the late release would mean more qc checks and a much more hardware friendly board.but as true to form they release a less than ready for prime time board that in alot of cases is pretty much unuseable until they come out with a new bios.it just seems so wierd that other manufactures release boards with the same chipsets and they are up and running with minor issues unlike dfi.i have to conclude that their qc department is just a sham and really solves no real problems before release to the loyal dfi customers.its more like they have the attitude to let the buyers of the boards be there qc department.i really feel sorry for the buyers of this new board have basically a non working board using highline hardware and end up with a board that has to sit idle till dfi does what they should have done in the first place.test the board with all different combinations of hardware and install bios'es that take care of the incompatabilities.there is no excuse for there list of problems that this board has on release.god forbid it turns out to be another expert board which has to be the most over rated problem filled board ever released to the loyal customers of dfi.people expect more from a company releasing a two hundred and ten dollar board not to have to deal with problems like this board is released with.iits a shame as i like the idea behind dfi's boards but if it takes another month to get them right then by god do it.your loyal customers are getting a little tired of this type of major problems from dfi.look at asus ,biostar,epox, and most other companies that dont have a quarter of these problems on initial release.come on guys get it right.there has to be alot of other people like me that are getting fed up with this type of behavior from dfi and are looking elsewhere for new useable boards.any one agree with these thoughts on dfi's behavior as compared to other tier 1 boards on initial release.i personally would have to pass on this board as it looks like its going to be another expert board and as most people know that board was and still is an embarrasment to dfi but they will never admit that its something that should have never been released.this 590 sli board is from the same mold it seems.i truley wish it were different but there is something very important lacking in dfi's testing boards before release.as a consumer i cannot in good conscience even consider buying this board or any other board other than the ultra d.its a shame that they can only put out 1 decent board in 2 years time.anyone agreeing with this should make their views known to dfi and if enough people do and sales fall off they will have to take notice and fix the problem.i often wonder if they do really even care as this is not new,its a pattern with dfi.this is not meant to be disrespectiful to dfi ,just a common sence view from an IT professional.come on dfi lets get the problem fixed.

I am going to back up DFI on the fact so far I have both DFI AM2 boards and both have booted with every stick of RAM I have stuck in them. Can the same be said for ASUS???? I know for a fact the answer is HELL NO, I had an ASUS Crosshair and only kept it for a week. The thing would not boot with ym Patriot 7200EL that was SPDed at 454. The exact same RAM I was running in my Infinity Ultra II. I returned the RAM and picked up a nice set of OCZ 6400 and the ASUS would boot with that. Well tonight I grabbed a set of the OCZ 7200 EPP and my LP 590 fired right up with it, Why I bring this up is the 7200 EPP is also SPDed at 454 and DFI booted with it no problem. My Bet is the ASUS would not boot with this set either.

I see alot of people running 939 talking about how messed up this board and that board for AM2 are, but yet most of them do not seem to have one to say first hand, they are all only talking about what they have read on the internet???? I can honestly say My 590 SLi and Ultra II were way more stable out the box and more forgiving then any of my 939 boards were out of the box. I have even stuck Value RAM in both board s and they booted with out a hitch, something I can not say happened with my Ultra-D or SLi-D. I like the fact the DFI's ship and perform decently, and after a few Bios updates they just rape the competition in overclocking.

I hand it to the 590 Sli... its a rock stolid board with ONE BIOS issue... the freeze if you move the cursor over the IDE channels. Who messes with that anyhow?

Where is all the negativity toward this board coming from bud? I have an Expert which has been a piece of cake to work with. Ultra D? No problem. Both boards have been super easy. Between the two of them I've had to clear CMOS less than a dozen times a piece and half of those were just after bios flashes just to try a different bios out, not to fix a problem...not one bit of hardware has failed to work for me in these things.

I could see if this forum was littered with "HELP!!! my NF590 is blah blah" but I just don't see that happening.. YOU don't even have the board and your taking a shot at it based on what? Stick with your ASUS and have fun with it. I'll stick with my DFI boards and have fun with them doing what I like to do...Overclock and be rewarded for my time and effort plus have a great community to come to to learn even more about how to abuse my board...

Enjoy what you have and leave your unfounded opinions to yourself as they really serve no purpose here or anywhere else...

Back to tweakin...........................

i personally would have to pass on this board as it looks like its going to be another expert board and as most people know that board was and still is an embarrasment to dfi but they will never admit that its something that should have never been released.this 590 sli board is from the same mold it seems.

I was going to pass on AM2 completely but if this board is another Expert I may have to reconsider. Using recommended hardware I have never had a problem with any of my Experts. And kind of off topic. As an IT professional surely you know at least the basics of punctuation and sentence structuring. Putting these to use will make your ramblings more coherent and easier to read.