New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

Here we are... put this 120x120 and the shutdown disappeared! :)

immagine009hh8.th.jpg

Ciao!

Baio

Good to hear :) I cut the side out of my Antec sonata, and will be furnishing it with a partial window for my client. Add to the window some subsurface vinyl decaling, and perhaps one more 120 for some extra airflow, and its sold. Next project will a c2d as I plan to see first hand the abilities of a low end conroe vs the abilities of my mediocre stepped lowend x2.

Hate to say it but after reading the reviews and counting my pennies, I had to go with a Gigabyte Ds3 vs the Infinity. $50 less, and higher FSB... I guess on Tuesday I'll see what comes of it all.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, just ordered this board due to recently becoming an overclocking junky! I read great things about DFI for oc'ing and I went ahead and splurged on this because my M232NSLi deluxe doesn't like HTT's over 280, and my cpu is doing 280x10 at stock voltage! Can't wait to get my hands on the DFI and see what it can do, I am just a little worried that corsair 6400c4 ram works well with this board as I've read a few ppl having some problems with them. Will let you guys know when I put it together. Also picked up a the new scythe ninja for am2 so I could put some more vcore with less fear.

I'm trying 316x10 (3160MHz is the cpu limit + or -) but I can make it work only with RAM asyncronous at 200, with other memory setting the pc doesn't boot. Looking at the dividers' table @3160 with 10X I should be able to set at least 533 (793) or 667 (1057).

Ram are in sign, I've tested them with Prime95's Blend Test until 527x2 (1054) at 288x11, over 2 hours without problems... so I can't think of a reason why the pc doesn't even boot with ram @ 793 or 1057... :confused:

Baio

I'm trying 316x10 (3160MHz is the cpu limit + or -) but I can make it work only with RAM asyncronous at 200, with other memory setting the pc doesn't boot. Looking at the dividers' table @3160 with 10X I should be able to set at least 533 (793) or 667 (1057).

Ram are in sign, I've tested them with Prime95's Blend Test until 527x2 (1054) at 288x11, over 2 hours without problems... so I can't think of a reason why the pc doesn't even boot with ram @ 793 or 1057... :confused:

Baio

Yes welcome to the issue that bothered me :) It won't boot. not at the other ratios you mention. I found in and about > 262, no boot on 533... which ofcourse makes your memory slower then it should be, booting at 200. Is a side effect of something. Not sure if it is bios, or chip. But thats what I hit... so I dropped to 200, and kept going, tightening my timings instead. What would be interesting, is to see if you can do say 275, or 280 at the other ratios. Mayhaps yours will stop booting at the other ratios at a similar or different level then mine. Either way, I found it to be an issue with 10x multiplier chips, x2 3800s in my case.

Mayhaps it will be addressed in a bios update... Not sure.

However, My 0002 is gone and sold, and I have my e6300 (c2d) running preliminary stability tests at 3.03ghz stock voltage.

I would hazard to say that if AMD really gets 65nm right, we should see something close to this level of OC from mature 65nm parts. I mean in essence, the C2D is to the A64 as the A64 was to the P4... Intel Athloned the Athlon. (yes it's a verb now :) ) So wider, and faster AMD, we await K8L. I must say, I had hoped that AMD would have had the challenger waiting in the wings so to speak. But we gotta remember forcing intel to release c2D early, like they have, decimates the ASP of all old P4, and opteron stock. As AMD is selling all chips she produces, its not all that bad to sit back and let intel eat herself. That being said, K8L better be good :)

Imagine though C2Ds at 90nm, and I bet you'd see o/c walls like we see with A64. Except the wildcard being ondie memory controller (in millions of transistors vs 2mb extra cache in millions of transistors).

One thing to note for anyone who is curious, C2D o/c results are interestingly non linear. AS you change FSB speeds, at various levels, the internal NB timings loosen as FSB increases, giving you multiple local maxima, and minima. I am currently charting it as I go.

Yes welcome to the issue that bothered me :) It won't boot. not at the other ratios you mention. I found in and about > 262, no boot on 533... which ofcourse makes your memory slower then it should be, booting at 200. Is a side effect of something. Not sure if it is bios, or chip. But thats what I hit... so I dropped to 200, and kept going, tightening my timings instead. What would be interesting, is to see if you can do say 275, or 280 at the other ratios. Mayhaps yours will stop booting at the other ratios at a similar or different level then mine. Either way, I found it to be an issue with 10x multiplier chips, x2 3800s in my case.

Mayhaps it will be addressed in a bios update... Not sure.

[...]

Mmmmh.... that's a real pity... :mad:

But if you say it's an issue of 10x multiplier, I still hope to make it work @350x9.

As far as I've tried with my CPU, the top FSB with RAM @ 800 I was able to run is 288; if my memory does not joke me, I've had the first problem @ 296, but I'm not so sure...

I' m going to make some new experiments...

Ciao!

Baio

I think its an issue with multi.. not sure though. Let me know how it goes. Do you experience same at 9x 350? cause of course that changes all the ratios again :) AM2 ratios are neat, do you have the cheat sheet?

I've tried untill 326x9, above no boot... do you think I should raise NB voltage?

The cheat sheet... do you mean the dividers' table?

Ciao!

Baio

At what memory ratio are you trying it?

200... didn't try other dividers.

Now I'm making some experiments with fans and temperatures, as I stop I'll try raising NB voltage and see what happens...

Ciao!

Baio

Can anyone tell me what bios voice to change to raise FSB over 326MHz? It does not boot above at standard voltages, but I can't understand which bios entry is the right one to raise NB voltage...

Thanks!

Baio

It's the one that says NB VID. :)

Ok, thanks so much... sorry I replay so late, but I've had some troubles with a Raptor (bye bye raid... :mad: ).

How high I do you suggest me to raise NB voltage? Remember it's all under water...

Ciao!

Baio