One led left lit on Ultra-D HOW CAN I FIX THIS HELP!!

Hi guys, i have this sinlge led problem, sometimes its ok sometimes its not, my comp will go past that splash DFI screen then hang and restart, the last led on the left side is left on. it takes a couple of restarts to get it finally working, how can i fix this.

I see your cpu is overclocked, does it do this at stock speeds? I have a 146, a 175 and now a 146 agian and the first two did excactly that when they were overclocked, even when they were prime stable. I think it has something to do with the ICM, integrated memory controller, some opty's must just have fairly weak ones and react differently to overclocking.

Whereas I had a 3500+ Venice that did 2850mhz, and it never happened on that cpu.

this exact cpu did 3100mhz on the guys comp i got it off do shurely it cant be the memory controller on the cpu i hope, will incresing the chipset voltage help? or ltf voltage?? any suggestions please?

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME, ITS STILL DOING IT AND ITS DRIVING ME MAD, PHYSICALLY MAD PLEASE HELP ANYONE...... have tired solts, sata ports, not changing bios PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE IM DESPRATE!!

Man you must have jinxed me. I put another hhd in and loaded Windows onto it as I have long shutdown problems. I wanted to try another hdd to see if that was the problem but it wasn't.

I connected up my original hdd's and bam! It gets stuck at the last led, even before the boot screen. I did all the usual and to no prevail. So what I did to get it going was actually remove the bios chip as well as everything else to clear the cmos, wait half hour then put it all back and now I'm up and running.

Go figure!!

What bios version do you have btw?

i have the latest bios from the website

Field Value

System BIOS Date 04/06/06

Field Value

Award BIOS Type Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG

All tho i have fixed the problem now, i was wanting too much from my memory i dropped the divider to 133DDR and now its sweet :)

All tho i have fixed the problem now, i was wanting too much from my memory i dropped the divider to 133DDR and now its sweet :)

Seems strange to be that as the last led is cpu detect...