7900GT no problems at all !

Here's a couple of pics we've all seen a thousand times... exactly what I followed.

sweet!

question: u said u use 1.55V, the pic only guides the 1.50V mod....

question: how many "stripes" did u use for the pencil mod on the vmem-resistor?

currently still waiting for my rear window defroster repair kit to show up.... and using 92.* driver drops my 3dmark greatly..... not that i care i guess.... just so u guys know.... (but it boost PS3.0 score greatly...)

edit: damn! i jsut took a look at the vmem mod pic again, and i cant do it.... crap.... that specific area in the 7900GT is known to heat up and might caused damage. so i slapped a heatsink on top of the 3 ICs using AS thermal epoxy..... *sticky*

Guest YuKoN
sweet!

question: u said u use 1.55V, the pic only guides the 1.50V mod....

question: how many "stripes" did u use for the pencil mod on the vmem-resistor?

currently still waiting for my rear window defroster repair kit to show up.... and using 92.* driver drops my 3dmark greatly..... not that i care i guess.... just so u guys know.... (but it boost PS3.0 score greatly...)

edit: damn! i jsut took a look at the vmem mod pic again, and i cant do it.... crap.... that specific area in the 7900GT is known to heat up and might caused damage. so i slapped a heatsink on top of the 3 ICs using AS thermal epoxy..... *sticky*

here ya go- easy linkage to the 1.55 voltmod. very easy- one more line than the 1.5.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5885/vgpumod0du.png

enjoy.

Guest YuKoN

That'll get yer core up- next you'll be doing Vmem and switching frequency pencil mods. those are easy also. lemme know if you need a guide for that too.

always happy to help you void warranty lol!

Whoa! Scratch my no problem's at all thing. I was playing Half Life 2 for three or four hours and it started to color things with odd colors... with the stock speeds! I run it at stock on HL2 because I always enable vsync and my stock settings pin it at 60 99.5% of the time. Maybe I do have a problem after all.

Whoa! Scratch my no problem's at all thing. I was playing Half Life 2 for three or four hours and it started to color things with odd colors... with the stock speeds! I run it at stock on HL2 because I always enable vsync and my stock settings pin it at 60 99.5% of the time. Maybe I do have a problem after all.

Bud, you ain't the ONLY one. 6 defective 7900 series here. All showed signs of artifacting in 2d mode with beta drivers, etc. Official was no better - along with running all stock. 3DMark01 would not run, 05 would artifact from Firefly on, and 3DMark06 would artifact at end of deep freeze and even produce a score. However, these are the "new" modified cards. I'm going to have to call in and see what my options are for this.

I might just jump ship and move to Intel/ATI.

That'll get yer core up- next you'll be doing Vmem and switching frequency pencil mods. those are easy also. lemme know if you need a guide for that too.

always happy to help you void warranty lol!

i cant take it off, the heatsink on the back. so i cant do the vmem mod. id luv to, though. i can only get it to 840.... 845 will crash BF2 back to desktop after 10min....