Amd AM2 or Conroe

So, what you guys think of these two ? Wich one is the "best" choice :D

i ordered the fx-62 processor & mushkins ddr2 xtreme performance memory 4gb

i just wanna know that did i do the right compromise to invest in am2 ???

Wonder when the DFi:s am2 based mobo comes to market :D i im not going to buy that MSi:s version "only availeble here" im going to wait for the DFi :nod:

Many people compare the intels conroe to (s939)fx60 <--- :confused: that makes no sense... there was some bars showing the power difference and ill say i crap***g OC my fx60 faster than that conroe :nod:

The fx-62 got my attention because of the multipliers "the range is HUGE"

and the mushkin memory "always had mushkin"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darned.....

Just wat until August and ask then man, then AM2 will have been out for a couple months and Conroe wil have been out for a few weeks, thats when I'm making my decision.

The chip they compared to the FX60 was $400 or more less in price and out performed it stock for stock speeds. I've not even seen an FX60 OC'ed more than 3.1GHz (that could be because of lack of exposure) on air and since the Intel more than likely wil scale well, will crush it OC'ed. i don't know that for sure but I'm fairly confident.

But amd has allso remodified its memory controller quite impressively !

the dual-dual channel ddr2 memory makes a quite large BOOST to performance and amd has always known better how to use "THE BUS" :nod:

i personally think that in time these two wont have any performance differences

it always comes to that :nod:

Guest shaolin95

I am not sure but according to you sig you have a 3ghz fx right? If I were you I will just wait a bit longer. I feel that my 3ghz opty is enough for to hold me over untill the next big thing from AMD (according to some before the end of the year) shows up. At that time I will compare it to Conroe or whatever intel has and decide. To be honest it will take a miracle for me to jump from AMD to Intel but I said the same thing when I was in ATI' s camp. My idea is to move to AMD waiting for the quadruple core or whatever they will be called!

well thats so true "at least now" :D

But we have to wait and see what is coming...

if the conroe appears to be "MUCH" better , then i change to conroe proprably

But what ive oc:d my pc#1 aka 3700+ , i have noticed that with great memory timings the games run much better than with huge clock speed and crappy timings

So im not going to argue about these things , but those are just personal experiences :D

"shaolin"s got a point there :nod:

Thats pretty much what im going to do too

ive had on intel based pc "prescott 2.93ghzht" and it sucked so hard that i decided never to look on intels direction again :nod:

So it really needs a "miracle" to turn

Guest shaolin95

:shake:

I dont normally like to recommend "the waiting" thing cause there is always something new but if you have a 3ghz dual core at this moment, I am pretty sure you are well covered for the time being.

Oh and sorry about my sig :sweat: its a mess...

It means i have 2 pc:s , 3700+ based & fx-60 based

The fx-60 oc:s quite easy to 3.0ghz , but for more you need good cooling

i use on the "fx60" based pc a vapochill kompressor cooling system, so the

heating is not a problem ! But im just waiting for the day when my kompressor breaks and my pc blows to the sky :D :D