Best aircooled heatsink

jadit2

What are some recommended air-cooled heatsinks for an Athlon 3700+? I would like to be able to overclock to 2800 core. Whats the best bang for the buck is what I'm asking.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can Say the ones with the BIG typhoon will allway have one ;)

BIG Typhoon owner here ;)

Just got it last week and I love it so far, I have got my volts up to 1.52 vcore and the load temps haven't gotten above 41c!! I was truley amazed. I honestly can't say why I didn't go with the one of the Thermalright XP models because I have read most all of the reviews and evrything talking them up; I was looking at them, and price wasn't a huge difference. But in either case this is what I ended up with and am happy with it so far :nod:

It is easy to install and works like a charm, one thing to note though if you do get the BIG Typhoon, save yourself some headache and go to ACE and pick up some nylon wingnuts to install it, the nuts they give you can be a pita considering the size of the cooler, just FYI :cool:

BIG Typhoon owner here ;)

Just got it last week and I love it so far, I have got my volts up to 1.52 vcore and the load temps haven't gotten above 41c!! I was truley amazed. I honestly can't say why I didn't go with the one of the Thermalright XP models because I have read most all of the reviews and evrything talking them up; I was looking at them, and price wasn't a huge difference. But in either case this is what I ended up with and am happy with it so far :nod:

It is easy to install and works like a charm, one thing to note though if you do get the BIG Typhoon, save yourself some headache and go to ACE and pick up some nylon wingnuts to install it, the nuts they give you can be a pita considering the size of the cooler, just FYI :cool:

good point on the wing nuts but i just used metal ones and longer studs used the nuts to hold the studs tight

The best? The Sunbeam Tuniq Tower.

Best "Bang for the Buck" - Arctic coolers freezer64 - SO CHEAP!

Very good performance from the Thermalright XP90/120, TT Big Typhoon, Scythe Ninja, TT Beetle as well.

The Tuniq is the best air solution, nice installation hardware, and screw down design for variable tension, perfect for naked chips.

Btw, I need a heatsink that doesnt require me taking the motherboard out of the case. My case wires are dying, and I fear if I take the motherboard out one more time, my power switch is not going to work anymore. heh

Does the Big Typhoon require taking the motherboard out for puting in the bolts?

Btw, I need a heatsink that doesnt require me taking the motherboard out of the case. My case wires are dying, and I fear if I take the motherboard out one more time, my power switch is not going to work anymore. heh

Does the Big Typhoon require taking the motherboard out for puting in the bolts?

yes its to BIG to be trying to put it in wile in the case---in that case then the xp90 or 120 be best for you

Guest shaolin95

There is no "the best" there is only "my best" as in the best for me is not the best for someone else...based on that "my best" will be the Scythe Ninja as you can see in my sig.

Regards