Flushing The Radiator

I have a dtek pro core but it seems to have some kind of white sediment in it, so right now i have it setup in my dual kitchen sink goin pump>radiator>discharge into other sink. The faucet is running to keep the pump side constantly filled.

My question is, should i use some kind of chemical or cleaner to clean out the radiator or should plain tap water do the trick?

This is gonna' sound dumb (as I don't have w/c), but in which direction are you flushing the r/core?

We always backflush our radiators car & bike, the theory is.... if something lodges with normal direction flow, reversing that flow will/should dislodge, same.

Perhaps not relevant here, maybe.... <_<

As for using anything to flush, chemicals etc. a lot of them do just that, cause electrolosis costing you metal/money, choose wisely.

i dont think back flushing matters much in this case

i always run in normal operation with distilled and water wetter

will radiator flush for a car be harmful for a comp rad?

i heard white vineager works?

the radiator hasnt been used much, maybe a week, so no algae, just gunk in it that came out when i first used it :angry: . dtek should flush those mofos before they ship.

Edited by TypicalSloan

Did you clean your system before installing it. I bet your white sediment is watersoaked styrofome from packing(don't knock me on the spelling). If it is just flush it with hot water. Just a thought.