Mem Test Ok

Ok, I have run mem test for almost 24 hours with no errors, does anyone else have any other ideas on why my computer would spontaniously reboot for no reason I could find. When it reboots it goes through all the same steps as if you just turned it on. No blue screen of death or anything.

Computer will be running fine in windows and i will be playing a game and it will spontaniously reboot. When it comes back on it goes post and normal bootup. Then

it goes into windows just like normal. No problems with led's or anything. I dont know if its the power supply or what. I even took all oc off cpu.

When things go awry during a game it's often overheating, but you aren't an extremist in hardware so that seems unlikely.

Try to check eventviewer to see if what happened was noticed by windows, xp does write a event when it cores by some error it recognises.

Pass Memtest really, no guarantee for 100% stability.

It is a good tool for pre-testing memory's stability. If there errors happened, guarantee will not boot into OS properly. If no error, you may successfully get into OS, but you will need to do more stability tests, like 3DMArk 03/05/06, Prime95/SP2004, Super PI 1M through 32M.

It is no surprise to me that even passed the memtests for days, and still encounter reboot/crashes. I been through that before.

Do more tests within Windows, that is my suggestion.

i did all the test in windows with memtest. The version I downloaded one from the internet. I have one that is on motherboard but I have run both with no problems I have run n-tune to track the temps and iit does get up to 55 if I am burning a dvd but I almost expected that.

up the voltage a little. I had the same problem with my OCZ 512MB ram. I called up OCZ because it happened right after I installed the RAM. The guy said I shoul up the voltage from like 2.5v to 2.6v (or 2.6 to 2.7) and it worked great. :)