My computer w. a budget around 1k

WSDcomputer

Guest shaolin95

I have never bothered with raid to be honest. Anyway, I also recommend trying to buy used as you can build a really great pc that way for much cheaper than going new. Of couse there are positives and negatives so you need to be careful who you buy from but it really pays off.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For a $1000 budget, if you really plan on staying within the budget, you'll have to choose your components very carefully. I would start with a Ultra-D and a 7600GT, to allow room for things like psu, optical drive, case, decent mouse and kb, etc.. these other niceties add up in price quickly. Take a look at what percentage of your money is going where, you might find that some things aer better left for the "upgrade path" then on initial build.

Not that you would notice or need the extra power, but OCZ has just released the GamerXStream series of PSUs.

The 600w version costs $10 more than the 520w Powerstream, has more power, and is quieter. And newer.

But on this tight of a budget I would only recommend it if you somehow have the money left over.

Either way you can't go wrong...

Otherwise looks like a great, solid system.

what does barebone mean? i see a lot of barebone accessories and stuff like that =o

Depends on how its used I suppose...when used if describing computer setup it sorta means 'minimal build', graphics card, a stick of ram, cpu and thats it. Anything like sound cards, front usb ports, anything like that aren't connected.

Barebone kits basically means its a partial computer that you're buying, usually processor, motherboard, cpu, and case. Probably a power supply as well.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barebone

Boo-yah

haha thanks :D

mmm im having trouble trying to find a tower right for me.. anymore tower opinions?

i looked at Lian Li's and the Antec P180 and im kind of leaning toward the p180 except for the difficulty w. the power supply and its cables