If You Play Games On An Lcd Read This.

Flytarget

I have an LCD that I just love. I built a power rig for gameing but the LCD can certinly hold you back visually as far as gameing goes. It is a wide known fact that CRT moniter makes games look smoother that an LCD does. I can really see the difference in my new LCD while playing Unreal 2k3. I sometimes blurs a little during heavy combat. I just checked what refresh rates my moniter can handle and the default was set to 60 MHz so I uped it slowly to 75 MHz, which is max. Now Unreal plays just as smooth as I can ask for on an LCD. Have any of you tried this? If so what were your results? I hope this tip helps.

I've gamed on good crts too. and a year ago I'd say that was entirely true. the CRT had much better visual clarity. however time have changed and LCDs are to the point where they can compete in every catagory except cots :)

I have a 21" flat CRT, I luv this thing. Was an uber upgrade from my old 17" curved monitor.

Max refresh on mine at 1280x1024 is 110Hz. Heck even at 1600x1200 max is still 85Hz. :P

Darn thing is heavy as hell though, and so big I gotta wiggle through doorways when I carry it.